Their conversation continues but my lack of interest masks their aggressive words. A large chunk of my brain ponders the obscure events that should occur within the next few days. Surely they cannot leave Vance locked up for much longer, he's Voldemort's second in command and his presence has significant importance.

"Adrian," Draco snaps, his fingers fiddling with the fork embedded in the spaces of his hands, he reverts from eating as he glares at the brown-haired boy with a hardened expression.  "Stop staring at Y/N, it's really fucking annoying."

He scoffs, modifying the subject of the conversation— intending to ignore the context of Draco's command. "I have noticed something quite peculiar," Adrian begins. "I'm seeing lots of lust between you two but barely any love. Where are the nicknames? Kisses? That lovey-dovey shit?"

Blah.

"Nicknames? I call her by her fucking name, is that not enough?" Draco seems quite irritated at him for making commentary on our relationship, the tone of his voice has depth— an ill-mannered depth. "Am I supposed to call her Buttercup? Princess? Lovebug? Honey Bunches?"

I nearly choke on my toast, "my name is fine."

"Yeah okay," Adrian disregards my preference, shoving a piece of his brown muffin into his mouth. "Y/N, if you continue to put up with his behavior you're going to soon crave a man that wakes you up with flowers, leaves a trail of rose petals that leads to a candle-lit dinner, gives you a massage before be—"

Draco chucks a piece of fruit at his face, the wet fragment of his breakfast landing on Adrian's left eye. "The fuck is up with you? You think you're some sort of relationship expert?"

He peels the mango from his skin, utilizing a handkerchief to wipe off the access liquid that remains on his face. "Actually, I'm studying human psychology."

"So what? Your psychology textbooks say that Y/N is 'putting up' with my behavior?" Draco scoffs, steadily tracing the bottom of his plate with the tip of his fork. "Go fuck yourself, don't tell me what I'm supposed to be doing in my relationship."

The palm of my hand moves to rest on the surface of his thigh, the angle of his head-turning instantly to glance towards me. "I'm sure Adrian had good intentions, it just came out wrong." I say reassuringly, attempting to calm the storm embedded in his words, "and human psychology really has nothing to do with love and relationships so I don't know why he said that. . ."

Pansy cuts her conversation with Nott, shoving her opinion into our discussion. "I don't agree with Adrain but honestly, Draco can not be a good partner."

"What the hell, Pansy?" His expression is perceived as though he had been betrayed, the wrath in his emotions carving anger in his eyes. "Elaborate, please fucking elaborate," he pleads, slamming his meal utensil onto the wooden table.

"One word," she gestures with a single finger to parallel her words. "Guinevere."

I remove my hand from the fabric enclosing his thigh. The name pansy had spoken has only conjured the forgotten distress about Draco's past relationship, the thought of comparing theirs to ours simply sets fire to my expectations.

"The fuck does Guine have to do with the way I treat Y/N?" He questions, noticing my palm had left his presence as soon as the name has been uttered past Pansy's lips. Draco grabs my wrist and places it back onto his thigh— more for his reassurance rather than mine. "This is ridiculous, since when was everyone interested in my damn relationship?"

"See? There it is." She continues, crossing her slender arms across the length of her chest, utilizing her knee to tilt the angle of her chair back for her entertainment. "You just called her Guine, everyone else calls her Guinevere. I guarantee she'll be all over you when she comes back in two days and you'll allow it."