11

not this chapter specifically but Cream plays an important role in the plot, parallels, & a lot of her behavior is a factor in foreshadowing :)

everything is consensual & everything will always be consensual.

mature content ahead.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | "𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮?"

ϟ

  Heading back to my room, my mind is occupied with how beautiful my father's writing is and the amount of love he spilled into each sentence. Writing was his passion, it retained from conveying much money— but it was what he loved.

  I trail the wall with the palm of my hand, pausing when it latched onto the casing of my door. I met my fingers along with the handle of the knob, pushing it down to unlatch it and open the entryway.

  The light flicks on, yet, I haven't brushed the switch.

  "You realize I'm the Dark Lord's second in command, correct?"

  I yelp in surprise, attaining to an acknowledgment that Vance was standing directly to my right. A fear thickly bubbles through my veins. If Vance were to disown me— where shall I go?

  "Where were you?" He interrogates, stepping to my front. I remain quiet, unable to hack up a pardon commendable enough for him. "I don't expect much from you, Y/N."

  "I— I was— no—." My voice shudders, hesitant to outrage him and dive myself further into an inescapable hole. I needed to be honest. Nonetheless, there wasn't a spot of goodness that will emit from my reality. "I was with Draco."

  He doesn't say anything to start, only glares at me in absolute incredulity. "Are you kidding? The one person I'm not allowed to eliminate?" He immovably raises his voice.

  "I'm sorry, he asked me to meet him and I was a little inquisitive so I did." I plead, having the inability to scramble my words to allow him to comprehend my perspective. "Please don't yell at me."

  "Don't yel— or what? I'm second in command!" He's frustrated, perhaps a tad confused. Locks of his deep black hair falls out of place as he runs his fingers through them. "Do you understand how respected I am?"

  The package slips from my fingertips and slaps onto the polished floor. "No, I don't understand. Maybe if you would let me out? Give my magic back? Then perhaps I would respect you as well."

  "Are you fucking ki—"

  "—No, I'm not kidding. I'm tired of being lonely."

  "Don't speak to me like that." He slams the side of his fist onto the frame of the door. "You can't expect me to take you everywhere. I mean, I want to— I do. It's not safe for you." He presses his chest onto mine, driving my spine to thrash against the wooded door.