Chapter Ten- Scary Faces and Matchmaking

Start from the beginning

By the time I got up from the floor Helena was still trying to hold in her giggles. "You could have killed me." I exclaimed, slapping her playfully across the arm. Helena rolled her eyes, and slapped me back.

"Oh stop your whining, now shut up, and let me make you look beautiful for you day with Prince Liam." she demanded.

"I will get you back Helena, just you wait..." I threatened, sarcastically.

I had told Helena all about my day with Zayn, including the kiss, and also my conversation last night with Liam.

After he left, the two of us stayed up to the very early hours of the morning, drinking tea sitting in the middle of my bed. Helena demanded that I told her every single detail of the two events, causing our chat to turn into a very deep conversation that lasted for hours. It was why I wasn't so enthusiastic about waking up this morning.

I chose the light purple dress; Liam had bought me, for the same reason as yesterday. I was spending the whole day with Liam, so why not throw in some bonus points before our day together already began.

Helena pinned my hair up, and back into an elegant bun, that made my cheekbones stand out, because it was unseasonable hot today. I was hoping Liam wasn't going to make me go out in the climbing heat, but then again, nothing should matter, just as long as I got to spend some alone time with him. My makeup was very light, and unnoticeable, just as I requested because I didn't want my makeup feeling like it was melting off my face when I became over heated.

Helena sighed, sadly and I gave her a questioning look. "You're very lucky to be in the position you're in. A lot of girls would kill to be you, you know that?" She asked while brushing the foundation on my face. I nodded, already knowing this. "I would kill to be you. I've been alone for three years straight. The gentleman I was courting went to the Great War in Italy, and he died saving a man." Again she sighed.

"Don't worry. The right person just hasn't come yet. You'll find yourself a king sooner or later." I smiled, encouragingly at her. She smiled back, and continued her work.

After Helena was done prodding and poking me, she left the room, telling me that she would see me later tonight.

Before I left for breakfast I gave myself a check over in the large mirror, tucking a stray hair behind my ear, trying to look perfect.

I was very curious about Prince Liam. Out of all of the boys, him and I had bonded the least in my short time in the castle. It wasn't intentional, Liam seemed like a very responsible, and mature young man and I respected that aspect of him, even when he isn't the oldest, but then again it isn't overly hard to be more mature when it came to his two older brother, Louis and Zayn...especially Louis.

A knock came from my door, and I looked away from my reflection, confused. "Come in." I called. The door swung open revealing, a clearly struggling, Josh holding the very heavy family painting of my family. I rushed to help him, picking up the end that was close to dragging across the floor. He gave me a thankful look.

I grunted with the weight of the frame that had been put on the painting. "Gosh, this is heavy. Why didn't you get somebody to help you, Josh?" I asked as we placed the painting on the floor leaving it against the end of the bed.

Josh shrugged. "Nobody was awake, and I was bored, so why not take on the challenge." He smiled at me sheepishly. I rolled my eyes at his bluntness, and Josh laughed. "So where do you want this?" he gestured to the painting.

"Ah...I guess...over there." I said pointing to the wall on the bed's right. Josh cocked an eyebrow at me. "I usually sleep facing that way, so when I wake up, and go to sleep; I'll be able to see them." I said, mimicking his carefree shrug. I was referring to my family, so Josh gave me a sympathetic smile.