Chapter 46

2 years later.

Jennifer Weiner once said; I learned that things don't always turn out the way you planned, or the way you think they should.

And I've learned that there are things that go wrong that don't always get fixed or get put back together the way they were  before.

I've learned that some broken things stay broken, and I've learned that you can get through bad times and keep looking for better ones, as long as you have people who love you.

And that hits really deep, life is not a bed of roses and I can say so myself. It's been two years now and I still don't have any sign of getting pregnant.

We've tried a lot of times and still no light, ya amir promised to never give up on me, on us and that's what matters the most.

A lot of things have changed, mama (my mother in law) is no longer the same anymore.

She used to be so nice and caring towards me but she does nothing but give me cold treatment now.

I clocked 22 last week and I'm starting my finals in a few months now.

Life hasn't been easy on me, ya amir and I have our bad times but he always makes himself available for me when I need him.

He knows exactly what his mother does to me but there's nothing he can say about it, I know, she's his birth giver after all.

"regalo; gift (in spanish)" Amir halted my train of thoughts.

"Hmm" I looked up to meet his dark orbs.

"What's wrong with you" he got in the bed and pulled me closer to him. I placed my head on his chest listening to his heart beats, it weirdly calms my nerves.

"It's nothing" I wiped away a stubborn tear that escaped my eye.

"I know you better than you know yourself regalo and I know that you're not alright, tell me what's wrong with you, you've been so down lately"

"I'm fine" he sighed and kissed my head.

"Come let's go downstairs, it's almost time for iftar" today being the first day of ramadan, amir said I shouldn't do any of the iftar food and made nadia to do it. School has been quite stressful and I'm so glad he understands.

"First day of ramadan is always hard, I can barely move my fingers" he said clearly trying to lighten up the moment. I chuckled at the face he made and got off him.

"Let's go" he brought his hand out for me and I placed mine without hesitation.

"Smells nice in here" I smiled at nadia when I got to the kitchen.

"Toh daman what do you expect, it's me fah" she chuckled.

Nadia and I grew a very strong bond in this few years, she became really open with me and damn the girl is so strong.

She's one of the bravest people I know and she always tries to keep a happy face.

I heard the sound of adhan being called before I could reply her.