Chapter Three: The One with The Birthday Cake

Start from the beginning

"Happy birthday to me," she grinned.

"Okay - stay there!" Carina demanded.

"Okay boss," Maya joked, falling silent when she saw the glare Carina sent her.

"Close your eyes," Carina said before wrapping a blindfold around the blonde's eyes.

"You know if you wanted us to use this again you should have just said," Maya joked.

"No presents," Carina warned even though she was smiling - but Maya couldn't see that so it didn't matter.

"Sorry - I'll behave," Maya promised.

"Okay - hands out."

Maya followed the instructions and felt herself be pulled forward. "Watch the stairs," Carina instructed, walking down.

"Wouldn't it have been wise to do this downstairs and save me a safety hazard?" Maya asked, being very careful not to fall down and break an arm.

"Sorry I don't realise you found walking down stairs so difficult!"

Maya stifled a laugh at her wife's response, their quick humour never failing to amuse her. She felt as they finally reached the bottom, but instead of them walking in the direction of the lounge or the kitchen she continued walking right towards the front door. The door was opened and the cool concrete of the outside hit her feet, which only confused her more.

"Why are we outside exactly?" Maya asked.

"Well - I know we normally have breakfast first before opening presents but....I didn't think this one could wait. Ready?" She asked, her own excitement and nervousness building.

"Ready," Maya repeated, doing a little dance.

"Okay bambina," Carina laughed. She walked behind the blonde and slowly removed the blindfold, enjoying watching her wife have to wait in anticipation. Once the blindfold was off Carina walked back to the side of the blonde. "You can open your eyes," Carina said.

When Maya opened her eyes she let out a gasp, her hands instantly covering her mouth in shock.

"Are you being serious?" She asked, her eyes wide as she turned to Carina.

"I am Bella," she chuckled, her wife being just as shocked and excited as she thought she would be.

Maya turned back to her gift, then back to Carina and ran towards her lifting her off the ground and spinning her around.

"I love you. I love you. I love you!" Maya said as she continued spinning the brunette.

"Maya! I'm getting dizzy!" Carina cried with a laugh.

"Okay - sorry," Maya replied with a grin, slowly putting her down on the ground.

"So I'm guessing that means you like your gift?" Carina asked.

"You got me a motorbike - are you crazy?! I love it - and it's the one in the magazines!!" Maya exclaimed.

"It is," Carina laughed - it was hard for her not to have known what Maya's favourite bike was. Anytime she got the opportunity to talk about it - she did. "You know I did buy it for you to use, not just stare at," she added, seeing as the blonde hadn't moved any closer to it.

Maya seemed to snap out of her shock and she walked towards it, her hand slowly running over the paint and body work. It was a 2016 Harley-Davidson Switchback FLD with all black body work with chrome exhausts and handlebars. It was an incredible machine and Maya couldn't take her eyes off of it. She had only ever dreamed of having something like this but it had always been one that had seemed so far but now for her to actually own one was beyond...