"Do you really thing I'm too good to be true?" Carina asked almost whispering.

"Oh! Don't falter yourself Dr. Deluca!" Maya said as she playfully rolled her eyes.

Before Maya could remove her hands from her waist and move away, Carina leant down and placed a lingering kiss on her cheek.

Maya closed her eyes as she felt the soft lips make contact with her cheek and opened them when she heard Carina speak up, "Thank you. And sorry if you felt I was making fun of your height. You are not even that short Maya and don't worry, being short only makes you more adorable which I love a lot."

Maya opened her mouth to protest by stopped herself as she saw the genuine smile on Carina's face. She just nodded with a small smile of her own and moved away and walked towards the hall after picking up her smoothie.

After breakfast, they decided to play PS4 for a bit. Though it was more like Maya decided to play and Carina couldn't say no to those puppy dog eyes. Maya used to play with either Jack or Travis on her free days but Carina had only played once or twice.

"Maya, I will definitely lose the game if you are my opponent. I don't even remember the controls anymore." Carina complained from the couch as she saw Maya set up the PS4 and put on the FIFA 20 game.

"Alright, then, how about we first play with only one controller and I teach you how to play the game and once you get familiar with the moves, we can play against each other." Maya said as she took a controller in her hand and settled on the floor, leaning her back against the couch.

"Okay...I'll watch you first."

"You wont be able to learn anything by watching, you should have first hand experience, come here," Maya said as she patted the space in front of her, between her legs.

"Ar- Are you sure?" Carina asked surprised.

"Yeah! Come on!"

Carina shifted from the couch and sat between her legs. Maya slid her arms around her and indicated her to hold the controller with both her hands. As Carina was taller, Maya had to press herself against Carina's back to be able to see. She rested her chin on the brunette's shoulder as she started explained the way to play.

Even though Carina should probably have been paying attention to what she was saying, she was too distracted by the chin resting on her shoulder and the breath she was feeling on her bare shoulder. She mentally patted herself for wearing an off shoulder top.

"Are you clear on that?"

"Uh...yeah!"

As suspected Maya chose her favorite team, Liverpool, and chose the opponent team to be Real Madrid. Even though she was holding the controller she wanted Carina to use the controls and get used to the buttons.

"Pass!" "Go left" "No, no, no...shoot!" "Not the circle...the triangle is the correct button!"

It was half time and Maya sighed after seeing the score which was 2-0.

"I'm sorry, Maya! I told you I'm very bad at this. I will let you play the other half yourself so that you at least don't lose miserably." Carina said as she tried to stand up.

But, Maya put an arm around her waist and held her in place, "No! Sit. I cannot believe I married someone who doesn't know how to play FIFA. But, as you are my wife, I am determined to teach it to you now because you will be stuck with me for at least a considerable amount of time and I would like to play it with someone whenever I'm bored. So, just sit here and watch how I play and win."

Carina didn't hear anything after 'you are my wife' as it was the first time Maya had acknowledged it and the arm Maya had wrapped around her waist wasn't proving to be of much help to concentrate on her words. But, nonetheless, she obliged and watched how Maya moved her fingers over the controller.