Karna, 'I know but who will teach us? In Hastinapur no one will go against the law and even if we try, the royalties will kill us.'

Shon, 'I really don't understand their logic against us.'

Karna, 'Neither do I.'

Shon, 'I have an idea. Why don't we go to any other place where no one could recognize us. We can pose as Brhamins and learn Shastra.'

Karn, 'No Shon, anything achieved by deception or lie cannot help us to reach our dream. Education is ambrosia when it is obtained by hard work and dedication but if use tricks or lie then it will turn into a poison.' 

Shon, 'Bhai, stop those sermons. You know these ideas of yours will not get us anywhere. My ideology is to achieve my dream by hook or by crook. Most of the kingdoms forbid the lower class to get an education. If they can deprive us of our basic rights then why do we always think about right and wrong? God only punished us for wrongdoings then why doesn't he do anything to the higher class rich who just for their own luxury exploit us, torture us.'

Karna knew he had no answer to these questions. A few days back a minister of the royal court dragged a girl from their neighbourhood as his father loaned some money from him and failed to return on time. The minister sold the girl who was just five years old to the local brothel. Though child trafficking was not allowed but who could complain against the minister. And most importantly the poor people were not allowed to go to the king for justice. Sometimes he also thought, 'Was Shon right? God himself was biased towards the rich people as they can worship him with great splendor and pomp and as we cannot offer him anything expensive, he is not ready to protect us.' But he also remembered his mother's words, 'Putra, God never discriminate among his kids. He is just taking our tests. We shall not lose hope even in the hardest situation.' Karna also did not want to lose hope but his younger brother Shon was adamant.

At night both Karna, Shon and Adhirath were eating dinner and Radha was serving. 

Adhirath, 'Karna, Shon again you two went near the Gurukul today? Our neighbor Srhinivas saw you both standing outside the wall. What do you want to do? Do you both want to get punished? Do you have any idea if the teachers or the students, or even the soldiers saw you there, what will be consequences?'

Shon, 'Father we were just standing outside. We did not enter or did anything.'

Karna, 'And father standing outside is not against the law.'

Adhirath, 'I know what both of you were doing there. Look boys we are Sutas and we have to stay what we are. You should accept your position in the society. As fishes cannot fly, Sutas cannot be scholars. We are servants and that's our life.'

Karna, 'But why father? Why cannot we do anything apart from our ancestral profession? II know a fish cannot fly but we are humans and God created us in the same way as he created the others. So then why such differences? Father we cannot make our position better unless we try. If we change nothing then nothing will chhange.'

Adhirath (irritated), 'Karna, Shon I am your father and I am ordering you not to go against the social norms. Otherwise, I will be forced to punish you both.'

After dinner when both the kids slept then Radha said, 'Arya we are too harsh on them. They wanted to learn, then what's the problem. They did not break any rules by just standing outside the schools. And you know Karna, he loves archery.'

Ahirath, 'Radha staying safe is more important than happiness. You remember what happened 6 months back when Mahmahim Bheesm saw Karna once with his bow in the forest. He not only broke his bow, he also ordered the soldiers to whip him ten times and I have to pay a heavy penalty as redemption to the temple. Mahamahim spared him at that time as he is a kid but if they will come to know that he is trying to learn Shastra, then do you have any idea what will happen? Radha I don't want any more troubles. I know the question they asked today are completely relevant, but we are poor and we have no power against the higher, rich people.'

 But little did Adhirath knew that both of his sons already created a flame of rebellion among some other young minds.

Few months passed, both Karn and Shon tried to learn more. But Shon was always very stubborn. He even picked up the old discarded scripts from the trashes of the Gurukuls to learn Vedas. He also learned some Sutras and scripts. He also took initiative to teach some other suta boys who were interested. Though Karna was reluctant as he did not want to let other people know about their secret but Shon was adamant, 'Bhai, we should spread knowledge. We should not always think of ourselves but also for the betterment of other deprived people as well.' And could not go against his beloved brother whom he loved more than anything in this world. But Shon had no idea that his wish to help others could create the biggest problem in their lives.