"I heard..." Luo Mingzhu hesitated before continuing softly, "Grandmother said that that is not an auspicious place. Someone once hung themselves there. That's why it's been locked up for so many years."

It was not really anything special for people to die in homes. After all, it was a large family that had been around for several centuries. If every house and even the adjoining courtyards were all locked up, there would not be many courtyards left available in the Fu General Manor. Mo Xuetong thought that this was very suspicious. The Old Madam was not a superstitious person.

She had brought Luo Mingzhu to the fake mountains just to find out information about the courtyard. She could not find out anything from her grandmother, so it seemed that her grandmother did not intend to tell her anything. In her past life, after the fall of the Fu General Manor, her grandmother had not left her any message as well on her deathbed. It meant that her maternal grandmother did not intend to tell her the truth at all.

Her eldest cousin was a man and might not notice such details. As such, her second cousin was the person who was most likely to know something about it. Mo Xuetong had always suspected that the room right across her mother's had once been where Consort Jin stayed after fleeing for her life. It was a secluded spot and Consort Jin would be able to see Mo Xuetong's mother from there clearly.

She had these thoughts in the past, but they grew even stronger in recent days.

Ever since Qin Yufeng gave her the painting, she had examined it thoroughly. Her mother's face was especially clear in the painting. She could clearly see the intricate expressions on her mother's face. It was impossible to paint something like that if one had not seen her mother up close in real life. The other two girls should be Princess Royal and Bai Yihao's Mother.

Their features were not as clear.

The Princess Royal's side profile was very clear but only the back of Bai Yihao's mother could be seen. The three princesses of King Jin's Manor appearing in a single painting was no coincidence for sure. But who would put in so much effort to paint this? What did it mean? And why was it not with Mo Xuetong's Mother, Princess Royal, or with Bai Yihao? Instead, why was it at the Qin Manor, which had nothing to do with the three women at all? Was there something going on?

Mo Xuetong had specially visited her maternal grandmother today to find out what was up with that abandoned courtyard.

She had intentionally dragged Luo Mingzhu out to chat and had brought up the matter. However, she had received a ridiculous answer.

"Second Cousin, it is such a waste to leave such a big courtyard empty." Mo Xuetong said, pretending to be curious.

"That is not a good place." Luo Mingzhu looked around her. She made a move to speak but then stopped herself.

"What's wrong with that place? It's just that someone died in there. Isn't it a waste to empty out and lock up a courtyard? I will tell Second Uncle that that is a good place to study in. First Cousin's study can be placed there and flowers can be planted there as well. It's so quiet anyway. It would be a good place to cool down in the summer after we decorate it a little."

Mo Xuetong looked very excited and seemed as if she were going to speak with Luo Bin right there and then. However, she looked at Luo Mingzhu closely.

"Cousin Tong, don't go. That's not a good courtyard!" Luo Mingzhu said softly. She thought that Mo Xuetong really was going to head straight to the courtyard. She reached out to pull Mo Xuetong back into her seat at the table.

"Why?" Mo Xuetong looked at Luo Mingzhu with wide and confused eyes.

"It is not clean." Luo Mingzhu's voice was even softer than before. Her hands, which were holding on to Mo Xuetong's were cold.