Ye Jin looked at the mother and son in front of her with pity, not knowing how to react so things wouldn't get any worse. Her hand reached out to caress Hyun Bin's cheek, calming him down in silence.

Hyun Bin's mother lowered her head to catch her breath on the steering wheel before saying, "Eomma knew, I'm not a good mother to you, Bin. But you are wrong if you think everything I do is not for your sake."

"I am old enough to make my own decisions for my life now." Hyun Bin answered stubbornly.

"Then prove it to eomma." the mother looked at her son through the rearview mirror, "Be more serious about preparing for your exams. Think about what you will do after you finish school and get married."

Hyun Bin looked away to stare out the window holding back emotion.

"And you, Ye Jin," Ye Jin gasped when she heard Hyun Bin's mother call her for the first time, "If you really care about Hyun Bin, show your support. Don't distract him from his study!"

Hyun Bin opened his mouth to protest, but Ye Jin shook her head asking him to be patient.  "Okay auntie, Ye Jin understands."  replied the girl obediently.

Satisfied with her future daughter-in-law's answer, Hyun Bin's mother restarted the car and continued to drive to Ye Jin's house.

A few minutes later, the car stopped in front of the alley leading to Ye Jin's house. Hyun Bin got off to accompany Ye Jin to walk home while her mother waited in the car. Ye Jin bowed in gratitude, trying to understand that Hyun Bin's mother still couldn't make up with her parents.

"Sorry for my mother's behavior earlier," Hyun Bin kicked the pebbles under his feet.

"I'm so embarrassed, oppa..." Ye Jin covered her face with both hands, "she must think I'm brazen..."

"Don't think too much about it," Hyun Bin clasped Ye Jin's hand, "we'll get married soon, my mother has to get used to the fact that I'm not a child anymore."

"But your mother has a point, Oppa... We can't keep playing around like this... Oppa has to study seriously in order to graduate with good grades."

"Yeah.. I understand..." they had arrived in front of Ye Jin's gate now. "Sorry I can't come in, Mom must be waiting for me to come back." Hyun Bin grabbed Ye Jin's hands with a heavy heart.

Ye Jin smiled sadly, "Be careful on the road oppa... Call me whenever you can..."

"Sure..." Hyun Bin came closer, lifted Ye Jin's chin and kissed her lips gently.

"Thank you for today..." He whispered above her lips. Ye Jin's felt her blood stirred remembering the things they did in his house previously.

Her eyes were still closed when the kiss ended. "I'll always think of you... Take good care of yourself, if all goes well next Saturday I'll come visit you."

Ye Jin nodded, releasing their fingers reluctantly.  Hyun Bin waved his hand and walked away, followed by Ye Jin's gaze until his back disappeared around the corner.

***

Gong Yoo had just come out of the bathroom when he heard the sound of the gate opened.  From his bedroom window, he saw Ye Jin enter the side yard carefully. The girl left early in the morning to go to the obstetrician with Hyun Bin earlier, why did she just come back late this afternoon? He thought annoyedly.

Hyun Bin should have known that with Ye Jin's current condition, it was too risky to be out of the house for too long. Haishhh his cousin is still too selfish and only care about his own needs! Especially since he still had to catch up a lot in school and find a university that still available for him.

If only Ye Jin would consider him more than just a brother, Gong Yoo was sure that he could take care of and make Ye Jin much happier than Hyun Bin. See, all of his scores are above average, there is nothing to worry about in college. Gong Yoo's future is definitely brighter because he doesn't have depression and addiction problems to deal with.

In fact, until now Gong Yoo still has not been able to find a reason that makes Ye Jin prefer his cousin than him who has always accompanied and always watched over her since they were little.

Would Ye Jin prefer aggressive men to treat her? Was it Hyun Bin's rude attitude towards her in the past that made Ye Jin curious and submissive to him? Would Gong Yoo have the same chance as Hyun Bin if he also forced his way on Ye Jin?

Gong Yoo smacked his fist on the table. The more he think about it, the crazier he gets.

Gong Yoo didn't realize the sound of his hand hitting the table had startled Ye Jin who almost entered the side door of her house.  They looked at each other awkwardly for a while, until finally Ye Jin bowed in greeting and walked into her house.

Good, now their relationship has turned so awkward, Gong Yoo thought bitterly

Good, now their relationship has turned so awkward, Gong Yoo thought bitterly. Honestly, Gong Yoo really misses being around Ye Jin like he used to.  Miss teasing each other, or even miss their little fights.

Gong Yoo and Ye Jin's close relationship may actually backfire for Gong Yoo because there is no longer any mystery between them. The mystery that inflicts Ye Jin's interest had been discovered in Hyun Bin.

Worry suddenly strikes when Gong Yoo realizes, what if Hyun Bin no longer has a mystery for Ye Jin? When Ye Jin realized that her curiosity for Hyun Bin was only temporary, it would be too late. Perhaps by then, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were already married and had a child that would tie them together forever.

Gong Yoo paced back and forth, worried about the fate of the girl he loved if he really married a man full of vengeance and instability like Hyun Bin.

No! Gong Yoo will not allow it. This might be Gong Yoo's chance to show his unconditional love for Ye Jin.  If he could open the girl's eyes before the wedding took place, then he had a chance to take over Hyun Bin's place and marry her. Gong Yoo will love Ye Jin and her child, even if it's not Gong Yoo's flesh and blood.

With renewed determination, Gong Yoo took out a business card that he had always kept in his trouser pocket for a while as he rushed to the telephone table. He dialed the number listed, but it was only connected to the automatic answering machine.

"Hello, it's me, Gong Yoo. I'm interested in yesterday's offer. Can you meet me tonight at 8 at the place we met yesterday? I'm waiting for confirmation."

Half an hour later Gong Yoo's phone rang. The caller has confirmed about their next meeting.  With his chest pounding with fear and enthusiasm by new hope, Gong Yoo hung up the phone. Tonight would be the deciding factor whether Ye Jin would still be able to be his, or if the girl would really be out of his grasp.