Chαρτεr 21

"𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚋𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖

"𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚋𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖."

"Oh my God." Willow stepped back, her arms falling limply at her side in shock. Her eyes were wide in shock staring at the blade handle from sticking out of his chest. There was no blood but it was clear that the blade had lodged into his chest.

"You actually stabbed me." Jasper's casual tone freaked Willow out even more. 

"Holy shit!" Willow shrieked when Jasper pulled the blade from his chest and set it on the table.

The hole where the blade had been sealed closed in a matter of seconds and Willow wanted to scream for help. In a flash Jasper's cold hand was over her mouth and he was standing directly in front of her.

"Willow, I need you to calm down"  Jasper spoke calmly, slowly pulling his hand away from her mouth, confident that she wasn't going to scream.

"No, no, no." Her hands embedded in her hair, stepping back putting some distance between them.

"Willow, baby, please listen to me." Jasper held his hands up a gesture meant for her to calm down.

"This isn't possible." Willow started to pace the kitchen. "Vampires are not real." She was saying it more for her own sanity than anything else.

"You stabbed me thinking I was still human?" Jasper cocked a brow with a sense of humor in his voice. Willow snapped her head back towards him with a shock in her features.

"No- I mean- I was pretty sure- I saw the- there was a photo- you- your entire family. I wasn't - going to- I wasn't going to kill you." She rambled, her pacing increasing, and her hands gesturing wildly.

"Willow, calm down. I knew you were going to stab me." Jasper stepped in front of her again with a slight smile on his face. "You didn't hide the knife very well." A laugh snorted out through his lips and Willow could feel the confusion turn into rage.

"This is insane. It's impossible." Willow muttered under her breath her fingers rubbing her temples. Jasper looked concerned as he stepped closer to her again. This time she held her hand, her voice commanding.  "Stop."

Willow could see his expression turn to hurt the moment the word was out of her mouth. Even in the anger she felt a sting of pain herself from the look on his face. He seemed unable to regain his usual composure, his eyes seemed hopeless.

"Please don't be afraid of me." Jasper begged but kept his distance. For just a moment Willow almost let it go. Almost. The feeling of rage mixed with her feelings of betrayal.

"You're a vampire. You didn't tell me." Willow wanted to scream, wanted to break things against the kitchen wall. "What am I supposed to think? What's the proper response to figuring out that the person you love is a vampire!"

There was a moment of silence that passed, the air between them was tense. Willow couldn't stand staring at him any longer, her eyes burning with tears. She crossed her arms over her chest, her tear filled eyes shifted to the window.