Chapter 1: Out of Time

Start from the beginning

And just like that, the doctor left the room as I let out a deep sigh, knowing that I'm going to die in a miserable pain within 18 months .

(Y/N): Give me a break...what a shitty situation that I'm in...fuck me...Can somebody end my life right now? A bullet would be okay to have on my head.

I muttered to myself as I heard my door being knocked.

(Y/N): Come on in.

I said as the door opens to see a familiar face to see. This is my best friend, Konno Yuuki. 

Yuuki: Hello, (Y/N)~! 

She greeted me with her usual energetic voice and a smile on her face and I can notice that she carried a box of chocolate cookies on her arm.

Yuuki: I bought chocolate chip cookies which you liked.

(Y/N): Oh, thanks.

I said in my monotone voice to which Yuuki took notice.

Yuuki: I just saw the doctor walked out of your room. It's been already two months now since you haven't left the hospital, did they get the results?

She asked curiously as I looked away for a moment before I turned over to her and spoke up.

(Y/N): Come and sit down next to me.

I said as Yuuki grabs a nearby chair and drags it over before sitting on it next to my bed.

Yuuki: What is it?

(Y/N): They did found the results and...I'm afraid to tell you this, but...I have Fatal Familia Insomnia or FFI for short.

Yuuki: So that's the reason you can't sleep? Wait...Fatal?

She asked in a surprised voice as I nodded in confirmation before speaking up.

(Y/N): Yeah, the doctor told me that there's a problem in my brain that makes my brain unable to shut down.

Yuuki: B-But they can cure it, right?

Yuuki asked worriedly as I let out a deep sigh. 

(Y/N): Unfortunately, there is no cure. The FFI disease will grow and it'll deprive me of sleep. The doctor said the average lifespan from developing symptoms is 18 months, which means that I have only 16 months left to live.