Chapter 1: Dust and Robberies

Start from the beginning

"Gotta make a living somehow," Roman replied. Sighing, Roman glanced down at the defeated henchmen around him. "You were worth every cent, truly you were," Roman muttered, before looking up to them. "Well, Red, Black, I think we can all say it's been an eventful evening, and as much as I would love to stick around...." He raised his cane and pointed it at them. "I am afraid this is where we part ways." The bottom popped open, revealing a crosshair sight before he fired, sending a flare flying toward Phoenix and the girl.

Drawing back his obsidian sword, Phoenix hurled it at the oncoming flare, intercepting it and causing a large explosion to erupt between them.

"Guess we're doing this the hard way," Phoenix muttered as the smoke cleared. Shaking his head, he looked over at the girl who was watching him in awe. "Are you alright?"

Shaking herself out of her stupor, the girl nodded. "I'm fine." She turned to the shopkeeper. "You okay if we go after him?"

The shopkeeper nodded, and the girl took off after Roman, who was hastily climbing an escape ladder to the roof.

Looking up at the roof, Phoenix darted toward the wall and jumped, kicking off a windowsill before flipping on top of the roof, right next to the girl in red, who used her scythe to propel herself to the top.

"Hey!" the girl shouted, and Roman paused at the edge of the roof.

"You two are persistent, aren't you?" Roman muttered. "Well, as much as I would love to stick around, I have a ride to catch."

With that, a bullhead flew up behind Roman, side doors open. 

Roman entered and turned, holding up a red dust crystal

Roman entered and turned, holding up a red dust crystal. "End of the line, you two!" he called and threw it at their feet. Taking aim, Roman fired at the crystal.

Before the crystal could explode, a woman landed in front of them, summoning a purple shield of energy with... a riding crop? Shaking his head as he recognized the woman, Glynda, from a few nights ago, Phoenix nodded at her and pulled out Arbiter, the girl following his lead and changing her scythe into a large rifle. The two of them opened fire while Glynda waved her riding crop, unleashing a blast of energy at the bullhead.

"We've got a huntress!" Roman yelled and ducked inside the bullhead, a woman wearing a red dress taking his place, face covered in shadow. Raising her hand, the woman sent a fireball blasting toward them, only for Glynda to raise a shield of energy and block it, shattering it.

The woman raised her hand, and the pieces of the 'fireball' exploded, knocking the three of them back.

Raising her riding crop, Glynda waved it and manipulated the debris caused by the explosion into a jagged spear. With a flick of her wrist, she sent it flying toward the bullhead, only for the woman to incinerate the fragments in a blast of fire.