The sight in front of her brought her intense nostalgia.

To see Frodo, though pale, alive and well, and hugging his friends with so much joy. To see Sam, after such a long time of being separated from him, embracing Merry and Pippin with much care. To see her mischievous pair laughing and bouncing atop the bed in exhilaration. In the frame, there was a beautiful and loving scene of friends reunited again after a series of dark tales and expeditions.

But Vera could see; she could see the haunting images that tormented them, the dreams of death behind their eyes, the traumatizing pictures of bloodshed and war. Vera could see that what they went through, will forever be with them the same way it would with her. These memories, these challenges, these scares...it will be a part of them from here on out, till their own time came to an end.

Despite this, they survived. And Vera is sure that they feel as much gratitude and thankfulness to be alive as the rest are. The pride of knowing that they survived this, and will continue to live. The rejoice and celebration of knowing that they had a large role in this return.

Vera felt tears erupt in her eye. She sniffled, which caught Gandalf's attention.

He turned to her. "Vera! Good! You are here!"

At the sound of Gandalf's statement, the Hobbits whirled around.

Before Vera could open her mouth, even, the four were rolling off the bed or pushing one another in an attempt to get to Vera. Pippin and Merry reached her first, hugging her waist warmly and with no intention of letting go.

She laughed harmoniously at the event.

"Hey! Easy..." she chuckled.

"Oh, we have missed you, Vera Roman!" Pippin gushed.

"I saw you and Merry a few days ago," reminded Vera. It was true. They barged in on a moment between her and Legolas one day, and dragged her to the banquet hall for dinner, talking about something happening. Gandalf had released fireworks.

It was an amazing thing for Vera to see, yes, but she was sad she could not view them with Sam and Frodo. But that didn't stop her from enjoying what she could.

"Yes, exactly, SCOOCH OVER!" interjects Sam, doing his best efforts to detach Merry and Pippin.

Vera saw Gandalf slyly move his arm, and moments later, Pippin and Merry were on the ground. Taking the chance, Vera bent down to hug Sam and Frodo, tears welling in her eyes at the utter relief of being with them again.

"Oh, I have missed you both so much!" whispers Vera, tears now rolling. Sam and Frodo could be heard sniffling.

"This is quite an emotional moment," notes Aragorn upon entering the room. Vera laughed, reluctantly letting them go to glare up at the Ranger.

"Though relevant to the occasion," Frodo vouched.

Vera smiled at his voice. "You are well! You had me worried sick, you two!"

"Yes, she was fretting around like a Mother Hen. Got quite annoying after a while," says Legolas, following from behind Aragorn.

"Shut up," grumbled Vera, but she stands and aligns herself next to Legolas, allowing the elf to slither an arm around her waist.

Wide-eyed, Sam and Frodo stared at the action, then each other, then the new couple again. Slowly, Frodo began to smirk. "W—when...when did that happen?" Sam stutters.

"A few days after you ran away...and those two were kidnapped," answered Aragorn.

Pippin narrowed his eyes.