Ch.16

A few days had passed as I had broken my leg due to the fall I had during the race.

Quite a lot had happened since then!

I settled into my new house in Portorosso and it was amazing how it was so much bigger than the one we had in Camogli. You get a lovely view of everything from my bedroom window. Alongside that, Giulia went back to school and Luca accompanied her so they could both learn about the world together. Alberto moved in with Massimo near the harbour and was practically around my house everyday making sure I was taking medication, eating and drinking well. And of course so he could spend time with me and brag about how Massimo now let him use a knife while fishing.

Speaking of that, he should be coming around today as per usual.

"(Y/N)! Your pain medicine, miele." My mother comes into my room, holding a glass of lemonade and two ibuprofen tablets. She is happy to see I was looking a little better than before. She was pleased that my Papa was at work too, he stressed out way too much about me breaking my leg and threatened to kill Ercole. More then once.

Shaking out of my thoughts, I grin softly. "Oh yeah, thanks, Mama. Where's Alberto?" I question, forcing myself to sit up and reach out for the drink and tablets. It wasn't like I could get out of my comfortable bed anyways.

My Mama hands me the drink and drops the tablets into my palm. "I believe he's just at the front door..now." Just as she said that, there was a knock from downstairs. She gives me a wink, stepping out of my room to answer the door. I swear, my Mama has psychic powers.

"Oh, Alberto! Lovely to see you! (Y/N) is upstairs if you want to check on her. And oh dear, has it been raining?"

"Yup, it's storming out there. But thank you, (M/N)!"

There's thudding up the stairs and I spot Alberto poking his head around my door, in his sea monster form. He was dripping head to tail with water. Being the gentleman he was, he shook himself off, back to his human form so he wouldn't soak absolutely everything. "(Y/N), how are you feeling?" He walks over to my bed, sitting beside me. Since it was a double bed, there was plenty of room.

I hold up my hand, making a 'so so' motion. "Feeling a lot better then I did, il mio amore." Reaching my arms out towards him, he rests his head on my chest and exhales softly. He placed a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it softly. "I'm..sorry you broke your leg. You didn't deserve that." He uses his other hand to gently embrace mine, squeezing it.

"A broken leg is worth it if you're safe, Alberto. Heck, I'd be in a whole body cast for you." I proclaim, leaning my weight against him. His green eyes sparkle, then soften. The tanned boys lips peck my cheek. "Don't be crazy, you'd never have to do that for me. Let's just focus on getting you better now." He gestures to my leg which was wrapped in a cast decorated with writing and pictures.

Humming softly, I nod and hold his hand tighter. "I love you so much, you know that right?"

Alberto chuckles, playfully raising an eyebrow. "Do I know that? Si, I do. And I love you even more." He nestles closer to me, being gentle as he knows I'm aching. "We'll get through this together, okay? When you feel like using your crutches, we can uh..go get some icecream. Maybe that'll make you feel better."

Ah, he was using my tactics against me. "Well played, Alberto. I would like nothing more." I blink my eyes rapidly, the lack of sleep these past few days really kicking in now. A yawn passed my lips, causing Alberto to pull from me and tilt his head.

"Haven't you been sleeping?" Alberto questioned, furrowing his brow in concern. I shake my head with a deep sigh. "Nope, damn leg has been keeping me awake. But you're an amazing pillow, so I'm not suprised I'm tired now." I giggle quietly.

The sea monster extends his arm towards the spare blanket I kept on the end of my bed, pulling it towards him before setting it down.

Alberto gently wraps his arms around me, pushing my head to his chest so I could listen to the steady beats of his heart. "You get some sleep, Princess. I'm here for you, forever and always. I love you, (Y/N)." He kisses my forehead with tender lips, pulling the blanket over me as I nestle against him.

"I love you too, my sea monster."

(The book has sadly come to an end! But thank you so so much for all the support, votes and comments on this story! It really kept me motivated to update everyday for you all. What would you all like to see next? I am considering making a Luca x Reader once my life becomes less busy, but I'd be thrilled to hear what you'd all like to see. I may even write an Emperor Belos x Reader or Eda x Reader! We'll just have to see! Anyway, thank you all so much for supporting this story! Love you all!)

(Update 11.7.21: There's now a Luca x Reader up on moi page! This time, the reader is a sea monster. Enjoy! uvu)

 Enjoy! uvu)

(Update: 16.7.21: I've made a Ruv x Reader for all of those who love a big, stronk Russian man 👌)

21: I've made a Ruv x Reader for all of those who love a big, stronk Russian man 👌)

(Update // 31.1.22
For all you Encanto lovers out there!)