INTRODUCTION

(Ciao my readers! This is a brand new book based on the lovely town of Portorosso, featuring a lovely boi! Anyway, enjoy the introduction!)

(// 29.1. 22 the second book is now published! )

(// 31. 1. 22 msks because I see everyone singing 'We don't talk about Bruno' in the comment section of other chapters I'm gonna chuck this in here for your convenience :)
SILENZIO BRUNO! )

The waters are calm on the coast of Portorosso, water lapping quietly against a fishing boat which was bumbling along the depths.

"Listen, Tommaso, do we really need to fish near the island?" Spoke a fisherman, whose name was Giacomo. He rolled up his sleeves as he gestured to his map.

"Eh, you worry too much!" Tommaso laughed, waving him off with a hand as he tended to his old fashioned record player.

Giacomo grimaced at his elderly colleague, looking at his map and gesturing once more. "I don't know. What if the old stories are true?" He wasn't entirely sure himself, but the oceans of Portorosso were dangerous and mysterious.

Tommaso chortled, delicately touching the pin on his record player."Oh come Giacomo, you really believe in sea monsters?"

"Too many strange things have been seen in these waters." Giacomo answered, resting his knuckles against the small table holding the map.

"They're just stories. Tall tales to keep us away from a great fishing spot." Tomasso gestured out to the waters.

Giacomo wasn't so certain. "But Tommaso.."

"We're fine." Tommaso spoke, speaking soothing words in Italian before placing the pin upon his record disk. The gramaphone started emitting comforting, orchestral music which matched the calm waters. "Ah, much better."

In the depths, something was watching. Eyeing up the silhouette from the bottom of the ocean floor as it drifted along the seabed.

Giacomo used a long stick with a hook to hoist a buoy on deck. It was attached to the net they were using to gather high quality fish they could sell on the marketplace. As he tugged and pulled at the net, a many spined sail cut through the oceans surface before retreating into the depths once more.

A scaly, four clawed hand reached up once it got close to the boat. It felt around for objects, feeling the cold metal of a spanner before snatching and diving under the water silently. Gliding underneath the boat, the clawed hand reached up and snatched a small, glass cup. Moving against the body of the boat, the hand reached out of the water once more and felt around the table which the gramaphone was on. It delicately touched the playing cards that laid alongside the music device.

Giacomo hummed along to the music, emptying some chum into the sea to attract hungry fish. Until he spotted a figure tinkering with their belongings. "Gah! What is that!?" He yelled, pointing to the creature and getting a split second to stare into its gorgeous green eyes.

Tommaso rushed over to see what was going on.

As the figure swam away, it found itself entangled in the nets of Tommaso ane Giacomo's boat. The creature exclaimed in fright, letting go of its stolen objects and tugging as hard as they could.

The boat's rear forced down as the netting was tugged at. The monster below growled in frustration, shaking about as its tail thrashed around underneath the water. Tommaso and Giacomo pulled at the net until it became loose once more, almost knocking eachother over.

Giacomo looked at the now calm water, looking for any sign of the monster. Both men gasped in horror when the beast leapt from the water, hurling right over their ship and into the safety water. Tommaso even knocked over his gramaphone which landed heavily in the water.

"Gah!" Giacomo snatched a harpoon they had on their ship, hurling it at the position the beast landed. It made a splash, but nothing.

The creature underneath the water hissed between its fangs to see the metal item had slitted the scales on its upper arm, blood floating up from the wound. Placing its hand over it, it swam deeper into the water, away from the boat.

"You missed, let's go, before it comes back for us." Tommaso spoke, gripping the wooden frame of their boat.

"I told you they were real!"

"Oh, what a monster!"

The creature could hear their insults from under the water, although they were muffled. "Us sea monsters have feelings too, ya know. Stupid land monsters.." it spoke, gripping its bleeding arm tighter before ascending deeper into the water.