Ch.1

I smile giddily as I pack my suitcase, practically dumping my entire bedroom into a case I'll only need for a few days.

"Hm..do I need more then two hats? Eh, why not?" I toss another summer hat into my suitcase, failing to notice my mother snickering in the doorway of my bedroom.

"(Y/N), cara mia, what is the need for all this stuff? You're only staying with Giulia for a few days." My mamma walks over to me, a smile on her face as she cups my cheeks and gives them a few affectionate smooches.

I giggle and gently pull her hands from my cheeks. "Of course, mamma. You can never have too much. Are we ready to go? Has Papa got the car ready?" My attention turns to my suitcase which I zip up promptly.

However, I notice my mamma looks a little upset. Huh. My brow furrows and I take her hands softly. "Mamma, it's only for a few days. I'll be back before you know it, okay? I promise to keep in contact with you where possible." Opening my arms, I embrace my mother and squeeze her tightly, inhaling her scent. She always bought the most luxurious perfumes.

"I know, it's just..I'm not used to you being away for so long. You have to take pictures of Portorosso for me. And give Giulia lots of kisses for me." My mamma wipes her eyes as she pulls away, gently booping my nose with her finger affectionately.

I fetch my suitcase and take my mamma's hand as she leads me to the car. My papa is waiting in the car, tapping his hands against the steering wheel. "Ah, (Y/N)! Put your suitcase in the trunk, then we can head off."

Reaching for my breast pocket, I grab my snazzy pair of sunglasses and place them over my (E/C) eyes to block out the blaring sun.

My papa laughs as I place my sunglasses over my eyes. "Guardando il figo, (Y/N)!" He gives me a little wink as I walk around the car to open the trunk as my mamma settles herself into the passenger seat. Opening the trunk, I hoist my suitcase inside with much effort. "Dio Mio..I'm gonna break my back one day. Yeesh." Closing the trunk, I pull my headphones and phone from my shorts and leap into the back of the car, snuggling into the seats as I hold my phone in my hand and eagerly text Giulia.

'On my way, G! Can't wait to see you and Massimo!! xx '- (Y/N).

Almost immediately she replies back to me.

'Heck yeah, migliore amico! I've got two new friends over too, Luca and Alberto!! I'll let them know you're coming!! Ercole is gonna look the other way when he sees us now! See you soon!! xx'- Giulia

I giggle softly at her message, knowing full well that this Ercole Visconti was cautious of me. I mean, I was probably one of the only people to properly stand up to him. Sure, he was a year older then me, but I was scary! Well, according to Giulia.

The soft rumble of the car filled my ears, letting me know the journey has began. A giddy smile crosses my lips once more and I plug in my earphones, opening my Spotify and putting on some music to last the journey. Resting my head on the window, I watch as our house soon becomes a dot behind us.

❈ ︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ❈・❈ ❉ ❈・❈ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵ ❈

I must've fallen asleep on the journey, because I feel a soft nudge on my shoulder. "Cara mia, we're here. You'll have to walk, we can't drive into the town." My mamma gently pats my cheeks, encouraging me to wake up.

"Okayyy, I'm up." Rubbing my eyes with my fists, I unclip my seat belt and swing my legs around to the cobbled path, careful not to lose my balance. My mamma gives my forehead a gentle kiss before handing me my suitcase.

"Hey, ragazzina," My papa leans over to ruffle my hair and pecks my cheek before allowing me to step out of the car. Gripping my suitcase, I wave goodbye to my parents before heading down the cobblestone path to my best friend's house.

I politely greet everybody as I walk down the street towards Giulia's house. Once I reach the infamous red house, I knock on the door and hear the excited babble behind it.

The door swings open and I see my smaller, red haired best friend. "Dio mio, (Y/N)! What took you so long!?" Giulia leaps and wraps her arms around me tightly, almost knocking me over. I laugh, hugging her tightly in return. "May I come in?" I ask, raising an eyebrow with a smirk.

Giulia gasps and pulls herself from me, allowing me to hoist my suitcase indoors and greet Massimo who was cooking in the kitchen, listening to some music.

"Come, (Y/N). I want you to meet my new friends. You can take your stuff up later!" Giulia grabs my hand and tugs me into the kitchen eagerly.

"Guys, I want you to meet..dun dun dun..(Y/N)!"