Ch.2

Giula squeezes my hand as she tugs me along into the kitchen. I chortle a little as she makes dramatic jazz hands towards me followed by a 'dun dun duunn!'

Massimo turns around and gives me a smile. "Ciao, (Y/N). Why are you wearing sunglasses indoors?" He muses softly, giving Machiavelli a little scratch on the head as he stands on his owners broad shoulders.

I open my mouth to speak, but close it. "I actually have no idea, maybe I'm a vampire or something." I shrug, taking off my glasses and attach them to my pocket. Swiveling around on my feet, I wave politely at the boys who were sat at the table. "Ciao,"

One of the boys had brown, chocolate coloured eyes and a slightly pale complexion. Definitely a few years younger than me, perhaps the same age as Giulia. He was wearing a white shirt with the top button undone. There were blue lines down the shirt and it was rolled up to his elbows. He had an awkward smile on his face as he spoke. "Ciao, I'm Luca Paguro, nice to meet you,"

I raise an eyebrow, intrigued by the new guests. They're definitely not from this part of town, I haven't heard or seen them before. But I shake it off with a friendly smile. "Ciao, Luca. I'm (Y/N). What about you?" My attention turns to the older one. This seems to catch him off guard for a moment.

I will admit, he has some of the greenest eyes I've ever seen. They're almost unatural.

The older one has tanned skin, very curly brown locks and freckles littered across his face. He wears a yellow tank top and a pair of brown shorts from what I can see. What's also noticeable is a scar on his upper arm, but I decide not to point it out. His eyes drift from me to Massimo, but he finally speaks. He raises a cocky eyebrow. "Hah, yeah. Nice to meet you, (Y/N). I'm Alberto Scorfano." Alberto spoke his name with such confidence, placing his hand on his chest bashfully.

"I can respect a pair of guys with confidence, up top, amigos." I open my hand, wanting to give him a high five. Of course, I offer Luca a high five too.

Both boys look at me like I'm some sort of alien. Alberto opens up his palm, staring at it for a moment before gently tapping palm against mine like he's never done it before. Luca copies him, but smacks my palm a little harder to the point where it is an actual high five rather than a gentle tap.

"What do you call that? The uh, hand smack thing." Alberto asks, staring at his palm in fascination before his green eyes look up at me, anxious to know.

Luca looks at me with such curiosity in his eyes, jaw slightly agape. "Yeah! What do you call it, (Y/N)?"

I chuckle in amusement, giving Giulia a little glance that meant 'are these boys serious?' In return, she gives me a gentle shrug and awkward smile, shoving her hands in her pockets. Either these two have been under a rock for their whole lives, or there parents weren't very good. "Well, it's called a high five. It's a friendly gesture that you do to greet people or friends." I explain, giving Massimo a grateful smile as he grabs an extra chair for me so sit on.

"Grazie, Massimo." I take a seat at the end of the table, resting my forearms on the checkered layer protecting the priceless wood underneath. Tapping my nails, I could immediately sense the awkward atmosphere in the room, even Machiavelli was acting strange. He was staring the two boys down like they were his prey. Then again, that cat always acted fishy.

Pursing my lips, I gaze down at the table and almost throw have a heart attack when Giulia places a plate of trenette al pesto in front of me. "Oh! Grazie, Giulia." Leaning over, I playfully tug her blue beanie and she gently smacks my hands away, causing me to snicker profusely. "Scendere, (Y/N)! Now eat your dinner, you've travelled a long way in a car and need your proteins!" Giulia practically forces a fork into my hand, wrinkling up her nose while smirking at me.

Taking the fork, I mutter something underneath my breath while smiling. "Oh qualunque.." Putting my fork in the pasta, I twirled it around and paused to see Alberto glance at me and the pasta which he was gripping in his hands. "You use your fork, Alberto. Forchetta, sì?" I whisper quietly, gesturing with my eyes to the metal utensil.

He mouths 'fork' underneath his breath and picks up his utensil, stabbing his pasta with the small pitchfork. Alberto looks utterly disappointed when his pasta slips off the fork and back into his dinner. "How do you..ugh! This is hard!" the tanned boy mutters, gritting his teeth angrily.

Luca snickers softly, but that soon fades when Alberto gives him a half hearted stare. "Shhh,"

Giulia sits in silence, shovelling her pasta into her mouth before speaking. "So..(Y/N), are you doing the race? The Portorosso Cup? I know Alberto and Luca have joined my little team, but there's oneee problem.." she rubs her index finger against her thumb, obviously telling me there was a little money issue.

"Ah..gotcha. But depends, do I get to kick Ercole's butt this year? Humiliate him in front of everyone?" I smirk cheekily, wiping some pasta from my mouth. Giulia bites her bottom lip, but nodded rapidly.

Alberto gives me an almost shocked stare, before that turned into a confident simper. "You're gonna humiliate him? Count me in,"

"Not yet, we can't! After dinner, we've gotta get some rest. Eat up everyone, wehave got devise a plan!" Giulia beams, looking up at her papa who was eyeing us all suspiciously. God, this'll be fun.