Ch.15

I shake my head rapidly at Luca, seeing him rub at his skin repeatedly to get rid of his scales that shimmered in the thunder as water droplets hit them. "No, come on, come on! We're so close!" he exclaimed, gripping the handlebars of his bike.

Pedalling over to him, I was more concerned for his life. "Luca, you've got to be careful!" I plead, not wanting to risk him getting injured by the public. My attention suddenly turns to a blue umbrella running up the hill. "Lucaa! (Y/N)!" It called. The voice was extremely familiar.

As the umbrella lifted up, my eyes widen in both fear and excitement. It was Alberto!

My moment of happiness was ruined when Ercole pedalled by to taunt Luca. "What's wrong, piccoletto? Afraid of a little rain?" He rudely smacked the colander on top of Luca's head. The boy flinched and I snarled at him, my eyes widening as the older boy pedalled towards Alberto.

"You two don't belong here! Get out of my town!" He hissed, raising a leg to kick Alberto over. The umbrella flew from his hands and landed in some grass. Alberto fell with a groan, his monster form revealed as the rain poured over his scales.

I gasp in horror, looking to Luca who feels equally the same. Ercole cackles, looking back to see what he had caused but let out a short scream in horror. "Gah! Sea monster! Right there!" He called, ordering Ciccio to fetch him a harpoon.

"Alberto, don't!" I call, about to approach but he holds up his claws to stop Lucw and I from getting any closer. "No! Stop! You're still okay.." his voice breaks slightly with emotion. Turning on his heel, he took a deep breath and shouted. "Andiamooo!" The sea monster began to run towards the danger threatening his life, waving his arms. Ercole was suprised, but threw the net at him. Alberto was entangled in thin bits of rope, falling to the ground heavily and scraping some of his scales.

Luca's eyes widened in horror. He looked to me for a split second and I smiled. I knew they both bad to get back to the ocean. Giulia had happened to appear on the scene, gasping in horror at everything she was seeing. The boy with brown eyes put his foot on the pedal of the bike, speeding towards the entire scene. "Oddio.." I mumble softly.

The colander fell off of Luca's head, allowing his hair to sprout colour as he revealed his sea monster form. He extended his claws towards Alberto, grabbing him and hoisting him onto his bike. Ercole, wasn't happy about this at all. He stomped his shoes on the floor angrily, snatching a harpoon from Ciccio who presented it to him like a holy relic. The boy grabbed his bike and pedalled after them.

"Giulia, we have to do something! Come on!" Placing my shoes on the bike, I charge down the hill as fast as I can. Weaving around people, I had to do my absolute best not to crash into anybody as the cobblestone path was getting slippery due to the heavy downpour. I could see Luca and Alberto up ahead, weaving their way through people too as Luca pedalled his tail off. Ercole was pedalling right beside me. "Move aside, ragazzina!" He hissed, trying to kick me off balance.

"Vaffanculo!" I spit, my foul profanity making the teenager gasp. Raising my hand, I push him away as he was pedalling extremely close to me.

Alberto was obviously watching and he cheered. "Go on, (Y/N)! Show him who's boss!" He put his hand to his lips and blew kisses at me before turning back around to grip onto Luca.

Ercole growled deeply, raising his arm to throw the harpoon towards Alberto and Luca. "Luca!" Alberto cried, pushing the younger sea monster so she could weave out of the way before the harpoon hit either of them. They somehow managed to fling themselves through someone's window, gone for a couple of seconds before falling down some huge, stone stairs. This gave Ercole the advantage. He was now in front of them.

"You should've left when I told you." Ercole stood to his feet, resting his feet on the saddle of his bicycle. His legs wobbled as his bike made its away down the hill. "Now I've gotta kill some sea monsters!" He cackled loudly, his voice loud against the storm. Luca, Alberto and Giulia look up at him, cringing as the thunder crashes loudly.

My eyes glance to his bike. I was close to him..so..could I? "You're taking one for the team, (Y/N)..here goes nothing." Loosening my grip on the handles of the bike, I take vigorous swing to the left.

My bike collides with Ercole's and we both fall off. I land heavily on the ground, rolling down the rest of the hill as my battered bike falls onto my back, winding me for a split second. Inhaling sharply, I push myself to get up and feel an excruciating pain in my right leg. Delicately touching my shin, I know something isn't right when my leg looks somewhat floppy when I lifted it up to inspect further. The bone had even pierced through my skin a little, making me want to vomit.

I had broken my leg badly. Fantastic.

"Oh my god, (Y/N), you idiot!" I hear Alberto shout at me, skidding ro my side as Luca and Giulia hurry over to assist me. Alberto holds my hands, his fins lowering in worry. He gently pecks my jawline, keeping his cold hand against my forehead as he feels me start to sweat from shock. "Oh no no, your leg!" He quickly removes his shirt, wrapping it around the broken bone as gently as possible. I choke in pain, feeling my open fracture move as Luca touched it.

Giulia was busy calling over some people. Two people in particular. "Mama..Papa? I thought you were picking me up..tomorrow.." I gawk up at them, feeling my head go a little fuzzy as my speech is slurred.

"We wanted to watch you race! And suprise you! We didn't want you to break your leg!" My Papa kneels in front of me, examining my broken leg from underneath the shirt. He pulls his phone from his pocket, dialing 113 (Italian emergency services) for an ambulance.

My Mama kneels in front of me, giving Giulia, Alberto and Luca grateful stares. She leanded fowards, caressing my cheeks as I feel slightly limp. "(Y/N)..we wanted to suprise you. And I think it's the right time to tell you where we're moving. I know you were probably disappointed, but..we're moving to Portorosso. Is that far enough from Camogli for you?"