.

.

.

.

The cause of uneasiness I felt the whole day in my chest, is finally shown.

Two of the mystic dancers look familiar. One has the mere glint of resemblance with my mate. The other is a Rucussan too.

Seated beside me, my mate's heart is beating so hard. Her legs are shaking and fingers are twitching in shock.

Her eyes have filled up with tears and I know that she has recognised them. The females aren't giving her attention.

The dance ends and they finally make signs while looking in her eye for a mere blink. The Lycans around don't realise what just happened. But I know and I have to understand the depth of it.

My mate gets up and so does I. She is sleepy yet she fights her fatigue and look at the dancers retreating away with the males. She seems horrified and tried to hide it.

I nod at Alvena who notices the discomfort on her face and looks at me in question. Alvena has recognised the females too and she pretends the opposite.

"Take her to the room while I go and take Keev from Amelia's house." I say to the sister-in-law who is worried more about my mate than the presence of Rucussan females here.

I don't know if I feel victorious every time Alvena behaves like she has given up on her mystical aura. This is how my mother used to be in her last days. Anton has created such fears in her heart, she has forgotten to be interested in the happenings. Now, all she does is provide care to anyone who needs it.

My mate walks tiredly along with her.

The beast inside is not happy to see her sad and hiding her pain from me.

The crowd disperses.

I reach the back of the street where King is telling Beta Barald about the number of females who have arrived. They look at me and stop talking.

King knows by my failing attempts at trying to hold a warm gaze. His eyes narrow in alarm. "What is it?"

I gulp and tell him the truth. "My mate might run away."

Beta Barald tilts his head while King steps ahead to cup my shoulder. He has been careful about me during these mystic dancers' arrival from last three years after Keev came in my life.

"She is in heat?" He says while giving me a curious eye. Amelia will create a havoc and attack his ability to read the wolves if she get to know it.

He knows. He already knows. But not about the females.

"I know that a male has crossed the mystic border in the north. The clouds are approaching. I know what's happening, Karam. But Misty is under your watch." He says the obvious truth.

But I don't want to play clever.

"I want to see if she will run away or not." I say while letting out a deep breath. "Two of the dancers are her sisters. They communicated."

Barald shakes his head. "Of course, she will run away. Hell, I will too if I was in her place. But if the Alpha arrives, it is going to boost Severan's spirit too."

King raises his eyebrows at me. "What do you want to do, brother? I will do as you say."

I give him a sincere look.