14| Scenery [Last]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Pearl

Switching the laptop on and plugging the wired earphones, a smile crept on my lips when I click on answer, and he appears through the screen, and I saw him wearing his glasses.

“Happy Birthday, sweetheart,” He said.

“Thank you, sweetheart,” I replied, “I wasn't expecting you to call.”

“Oh so what were you doing in front of laptop screen at twelve in the morning, with you earphones plugged?” He raised a brow, as I awkwardly chuckled.

“I was watching— watching a movie,” I said, and he laughed out loud.

“Which movie?”

“The— mm,”

“Come on Pearl, what makes you think I won't call you?” He asked.

“I thought you would be busy,” I pout.

“Don't worry even if I was, I won't be forgetting about your birthday baby,” He said, making me smile.

“Thank you for infinite gifts you send me,” I said, making him widen his eyes.

“You got them already?” He asked.

“Yes, early delivery,”

“Oh that's not fair,” He whispers.

“It's ok! You know, I really love this,” I said.

Unzipping the top of my hoodie, I pull out the silver semi-circle necklace which he sent.

“Oh you wore that already,” He said, and I nodded, “Can't wait to make it attached with yours.”

“How do you know it's a couple necklace?” He hung his mouth open.

“Google exist my love,”

“Clever little one,” He said, and I chuckled.

“Wait, I didn't read the letter you sent, yet,” I said, and his face light up.

“Thank god, I wanted you to read it in front of me, come on do it now,” He squeals, and I grab the vintage letter, before unfolding and reading it.

“My Pearly pearl, it's almost been a year since we met. You know when I was going back to Korea, Jimin asked me that ‘What is hell?’ and with tears in my eyes, I replied, ‘Distance between people who love each other,’ and then he told me that ‘Distance is nothing when we are each other's everything.’ Sweetheart, I miss you and I know you do too. I just want to prove this world that, offshore relationships can work, if we have trust and understanding. I love you, happy birthday.”