43- Reaching Out.

Athanasia knew that if she didn't reach out to Lucas, he wouldn't reach out to her either. Which is why Athanasia took it upon herself to send a message to Lucas, since she said it herself, they are friends now.

Lucas
9:24AM, Today.

Me (9:24AM): yesterday was so much fun

Me (9:24AM): thank you for spending time with me, even tho all of them weren't there

"Now we wait for a reply." She was about to leave the app, but rechecked what she sent. "Is.. this okay? Or should I say something else.." She mumbled to herself, before shaking her head and leaving her bedroom, heading towards the living room, in which she met her mom there.

"Good morning." Her mom said once she noticed her. "You have a class?"

"Morning, and yes, I have a class at 10AM." Athanasia took a seat next to her mom and smiled brightly. "How is my mother this morning?"

Her mother let out an exasperated sigh, shutting her eyes close. "Your mother is doing well, just worried about the workaholic of a husband she has."

"Right, he has been coming home very late recently." She nodded her head. "Don't worry, mom. I'll drag him home today. I Only have two lectures, I'll finish at 2PM."

"And you," She glared at her daughter. "When are you going to finish this semester? I want to go somewhere, have your first drink with us, celebrate your birthday." She huffed.

Athanasia bewildered by what left her mothers lips. She really thought she was going to get scolded. "Mom, you're thinking about this now?" Athanasia had to suppress her giggle. "Summer is soon but still away. Plus, I'll be taking summer classes."

"Yes, so finish quickly so I can celebrate your birthday. My daughter is growing up so fast." Diana launched herself on her daughter, wrapping her arms around her.

Athanasia hugged her mother back and giggled. "Alright, alright. I promise I'll finish quickly so we can celebrate my birthday somewhere." She smiled softly at the thought of her mother being exhilarated.

___________________________________
Lucas: Anytime
Lucas: I've had fun too
___________________________________

"What are you doing here? It's 10 in the morning." Iara grimaced at him, not even opening the door fully, just peeking at him from behind the door. "You know I don't accept anyone in my house before 12PM." She scowled. "Unless it's an emer-"

"It's an emergency." Lucas spoke over her once he knew what she was going to say.

She looked at him, clearly not convinced by what he said. "Tell your lies to someone who's find them credible, not me." She was about to shut the door but he had stopped her with putting his foot. She sighed and lifted her head, "...Really, now?" She stared at him, not believing the puppy face; he had tried to mimic Evangeline's puppy face. Who's going to tell him it doesn't work if he's not sincere. She rolled her eyes and opened the door, "What do you need."

Just as he stepped inside, he scanned her from
Head to toe, "First, cover up." He pointed at her exposed body. "I don't want to be greeted with a half naked married woman."

Iara rolled her eyes and draped the blanket over her body. "If you didn't want that, then you should have known I was still sleeping." She yawned and plopped on the couch. "What is it that you need?"

He sat on the couch, tangling his hands together, lost in thought as he stared at his hands. "I think I made new friends." He said after some minutes and raised his head, only to be met with a blank expression from Iara. They stared at each other for a few minutes before Iara blinked her eyes. "Oh, you want me to react?" Iara said and leaned back on the couch.