•31•

Aiyana Valentino

A few days later, everything was back to normal, or rather a cardboard version of it.
Ren and I decided to bury the hatchet and start a new slot.

Nonetheless, nothing can take out the invisible shells we were trudging on whenever dealing with the other.

The incident cracked something fragile, and it seems we both regard the other with extra caution, overthinking our words before they leave our mouths, and dwelling heavily on our actions before committing them to life.

Surely, it felt nice, knowing the other cared about how they affected you; both words and actions, but it all felt fake.

Lacking the spontaneity, the heat of the moment kind of thing, it all felt programmed, pre-executed. I hated it to say the least.

Ren came back yesterday, with this newfound idea of us going on a date. I have no clue where this stemmed from, though I can't help but admire the fact that we'll have some alone time together.

So, I got dressed up in an off the shoulder springy dress, the hem reaching my knees, and left my hair in its natural curls hanging off my back, because I didn't feel like doing anything with it.

Just as I was finishing combing my fingers through my hair, to give that natural messy look without putting much effort, my phone rang through the silence of the room.

"Hey" I greet.

"I'm downstairs waiting for you, come on" Comes the voice of my husband, I mutter a quick ok, and make sure there's nothing wrong with my outfit, then make my way downstairs.

The sound of my heels hitting the ground captures the attention of Ren who was on his phone. He quickly pockets the device, and his hazel eyes linger on my descending figure.

I offer him a small smile while he takes my hand in his, butterflies instantly blooming in my stomach at the contact.
He pulls me until we reach the car, opening my door for me. I thank him and proceed to buckle up my seatbelt.
He takes his side and we slowly back out of the driveway into the road.

One hand clutches the steering wheel while the other rests on my thigh, the fabric hitching slightly, giving Ren the perfect access for my bare flesh. His hand rests there almost naturally, his thumb rubbing my skin lovingly, causing heat to pool through me.

My face most definitely looks flushed right now at the unholy thoughts I'm having, so I turn my head to the window, avoiding looking straight into the greek god seated next to me, because I know for sure one look is my guaranteed destruction.

About twenty minutes later, we reached a gravel road, my eyes wander around the secluded area, it looks about an abandoned road, fitted perfectly in the middle of nowhere, the perfect type for serial killers to bring their victims to.

"Were are we?" I ask turning my head to Ren.

"Come on, you'll see" Is all the answer I get which piques my curiosity even more.

We step out of the car, Ren pops the back trunk open drawing out a basket that I was oblivious to, I quirk an eyebrow in question, in reply he chuckles and threads his free hand in mine; the other holding the basket and we start heading to this new destination.

After about a five minute walk in an open field, Ren pulls my hand and we make a left, my eyes widen at the sight.

A field of daisies. My absolute favorite.

I gasp at the sight, leaving Ren's side momentarily, and wander further into the field, giddy and carefree.

He sets the basket down, pulls out a blanket and starts arranging all types of snacks. I take my seat next to him.

"Ren, this is unbelievable! How did you manage to find a field of daisies? They're my favorite too, you know"

"Nothing is hard when it comes to you" He says staring so deep in my eyes, I swear shivers dotted my skin from his penetrating gaze and not the gist of wind swirling around.

I blush and giggle and straddle him, putting my arms around his neck, his soft hair perfect for my fingers to run through.

His arms instinctively snake around my waist, igniting that fire inside of me, and I realized the position we're laid in, is extremely close; especially certain body parts.

I turn my head to the side, examining the foods he brought, exploding with joy at the sight of strawberries. Perfectly red, round and full.

I pop one into my mouth, looking at Ren, finding his eyes staring intently at my lips, pupils dilated with desire.

So I use this to my advantage, I suck at the strawberry extremely slow, dragging my finger to my lips in a teasing matter, in reaction his hand lower to my thighs and gently squeeze.

"What?" I ask all innocent while batting my eyelashes.

He clears his throat "N-nothing"

I keep eating strawberries and we make conversation talking about different topics.

"I want some strawberry" He says out of nowhere.

I nod my head and search the container, holding one up to him "That's not what I mean"

I furrow my eyebrows "I don't get it, what—" My inquiry is left unfinished as his lips descend on mine, taking me by surprise.

I freeze for a few seconds, clearly startled, and then start kissing him back with the same passion he's spilling into me.

I grab the sides of his face, deepening the kiss further, and one of hands shoots out to grab the back of my head, while the other roams around my back, arms, waist and hips.

I'm set afire by his touch, the trail of his fingertips leaving hot sparks around my body.

After we made out for as long as can be, due to running out of air, we had to pull apart.

•••

A/n:

Finally.