•18•

Amren Valentino

Today was the yearly mafia ball, where all the mafias put their differences aside for a night where fun, drinking, music and shiny suits are a huge part of it.

The event had one rule exclusively, which was 'no weapons allowed in the perimeter' which was violated year after year.

Going in there without a gun, was like walking in naked in a minefield. Bedsides, stripping me away from my guns meant I couldn't do anything if anyone tried something. It left me weak and vulnerable.
I don't do vulnerable.

The papers scattered in front of me, only added to my frustration. Each year, I had to study the list of guests, dueling on whom to talk to, whom to fake niceties, and who the hell to stay away from.

Glancing at my wristwatch, I take in the time. 5:55 pm, which is five to six. I still need to drive back home, take a shower and get ready for this night, which quite frankly I couldn't be more excited to be over with.

My phone rings as I'm driving, so I connect it to Bluetooth of the car before pressing accept.

"Hey boss" Luca says

"Hey" I greet back.

"So tonight is the night, ha?" He says and I shake my head.

"Just get to the point, idiot" I shoot back at him while cutting someone off who was driving the speed of an injured turtle. No offense to turtles.

"Ok, so tonight you know Ivan will certainly try something. He's been awfully quiet these past couple of days" He says and I agree, why would he chase the prey when eventually it was bound to come out of hiding.

"I know. That's why we need to be double careful. I cannot let anything happen, especially that Aiyana is also attending" I explain and he chuckles on the other end of the phone.

"Already smitten by your wife?" I can imagine the smirk on his face.

"Very funny. Although I need to keep her safe at any cost. If anything happens to her and our alliance with Arturo is crushed to pieces. So tonight, she's the main priority."

"Got it. We can cover everything outside the perimeter, but once you're in, you're on your own."

"That's the part I'm worried about" I sigh.

"Anyways, enjoy your party. Make sure to always be alert; don't over-drink, and keep an eye out for your hot wife"

He says in one breath, just as I was about to curse him for his last comment he mutters a quick goodbye and disconnects the call. The little bastard.

Reaching home, I park the car in the vast driveway, and start making my way upstairs to prepare.

I tell Sean, one of my guards to ready the limo, parking it outside at the entrance for when we come down.

Entering the room, it's mostly empty except for the shuffling in the closet. I conclude that's where Aiyana is. I dash into the bathroom for a shower.

Once I'm finished, I step out grabbing my suit and reenter the bathroom to change.

After I'm thoroughly done, I step out again and holy fuck. My wife is standing in the hottest red gown, her hair pin straight parted in the middle, cascading down her exposed shoulders.

I think I need another shower now, but for a completely different reason. I clear my throat and noticed she's standing at the vanity table, finishing off her scarlet red lipstick.

She closes the lid with a click, and I gulp in reaction. She struggles to put on a necklace and I step in, she helped me out when I was injured, I was just returning the favor.

I step closely behind, "Let me" brushing the silky hair out of the way, my fingertips making slight contact with her skin. And I'm damned if those jolts of electricity don't bolt through me.

Her breathing picks up, she's clearly nervous by the way her exposed chest is heaving up and down constantly. We lock eyes through the mirror and I swear time freezes for a few moments.

 We lock eyes through the mirror and I swear time freezes for a few moments

(Let's hear a commotion for the dress. I still can't get over how pretty this gown is, so here it is for the second time)

I take in the makeup she's done to perfection, accentuating her brown eyes, down to the dress that would definitely be the death of me. The fabric hugs her upper half tightly flaring from the waist down, in a plunging sweetheart neckline with a slit so high up her thigh, her long caramel leg was making a debut.

Damn, double homicide I thought.

With the sexual tension up and high in the room, I finally stepped aside and we descended the stairs and file into the limo.

•••

A/n: ookie

For more updates
please vote and comment ❣️