•⊱•~ 6 ~•⊰•

Start from the beginning

Yeonjun smiled and grabbed his hands with a squeeze and Jongho sniffled. Yeonjun then giggled at him and Jongho found himself copying him back.

Yeonjun took a deep breath.

"Jongho, from the moment we met in high school I knew we had to be friends. We had so much in common, so much to talk about and I knew I needed you in my life.

"What I didn't know was that you would become the boy that would steal my heart.

"You kept me up at night as thoughts of you danced in my mind, and you made my days brighter every and each time you came into view.

"When you smile at me my heart would leap and any time we shared a hug I wished I could stay in your arms forever.

"That first time we kissed on valentines it truly did feel like I had wings. My whole entire being was soaring, and it was soaring with you.

"You are my other half Jongho, and without you in my world I am not complete. I know we've both spoken of our future, but I can't wait for the future to roll around when I want it to start today"

Yeonjun let go of Jongho's hands.

Got down on one knee.

Pulled out a small red box.

annnd. . .

"Will you marry me Park Jongho? Will you be mine forever?"

Jongho couldn't hold back the waterworks as he nodded.

"Yes" he whispered.

Yeonjun's smile widened to the size of the setting sun as he pulled the ring out of its box. It was a delicate ornate ring of two strands weaved together to form one, and Yeonjun slipped it with ease onto Jongho's ring finger.

As soon as the ring was in place Jongho pulled Yeonjun to his feet and their lips smacked into one another with an unforeseen amount of fury as cheers resounded from off to the side and they were showered in a further show of petals.

Then as the petals fluttered around them, Jongho had Yeonjun off of his feet as he held him and spun around.

Jongho didn't say it out loud, but in that moment he promised to always be the one to help Yeonjun soar, in a way he already was that person, but still he promised it to himself again.

Jongho put Yeonjun down on his feet and the two shared a warm embrace as they looked at one another.

The setting sun was bright, but the fire between them was creating their own light, a bright one that would last for years and years to come.

Yeonjun blinked out a single tear and Jongho found himself kissing it away before resting his forehead against his now fiancée, before comfortably pulling away.

"So this is why my family was extra crazy today" Jongho said with a tut.

Yeonjun closed his eyes and hummed his yes. He then opened his eyes and pulled back a little, "Your family is always crazy, but they're also pretty savvy too. This was both your dads idea." Yeonjun said while he gestured at the little path, archway and petals around them. Originally I was just going to drop on one knee in the sand and ask you to be mine"

Jongho chuckled and lightly slapped Yeonjun's chest before reconnecting their hands again.

Yeonjun shrugged with a light hearted laugh, "But hey you're going to become a Choi so you can always pretend you don't know them if they get too crazy" he giggled.

Yeonjun's giggle didn't last long though.

"Like hell he's going to pretend he doesn't know us! You may make him a Choi, but you both are 100% stuck with this family" his dad said, putting his foot down.

Jongho smiled at his dad as Yeonjun shrunk in on himself.

"Congratulations son" Hongjoong smiled.

"We're so proud of you, both of you" Seonghwa added.

Yeonjun's mum stepped forwards "I'm more than glad to be the sane one in this family" she winked at Jongho.

Yeonjun turned around to look at her, "Mum you're just as crazy as them!"

"Oh shush" she said before then pulling Yeonjun and then an unsuspecting Jongho into a hug. "Welcome to our family" She said, looking at Jongho, "I'm so proud to know you'll be the one who will make my boy happy"

"I promise I'll always make him happy"

"Will you now?" Hongjoong said cheekily with a waggle of his brows, making Yeonjun blush, his mother cover her mouth with a bashful smile, and Jongho and Seonghwa swat him.

Everyone found themselves laughing and smiling as more hugs were shared between one another.

Jongho hadn't even the twinkle that Yeonjun had proposal on his mind, today of all days, but he was happy that Yeonjun chosen this location of all places; the place where they'd first told each other they loved one another, because it made what was happening right now even more special.

As they watched the sun completely set the newly engaged couple found themselves sitting side by side. They'd taken their shoes off and now had their feet buried in the sand.

The warmth of the sun was fading, but neither boy was cold as heat radiated from their hearts.

Nearby their parents were packing up the little proposal set up, but soon they had made themselves scarce leaving the newly engaged couple alone to enjoy one another's company.

Jongho currently had his head on Yeonjun's shoulder, as they both looked at the new ring adorning his finger.

Jongho wiggled his fingers of his left hand in the setting sun before Yeonjun soon reached up, grabbed his hand, kissed his ring finger and laced their hands together.

They snapped a photo of their hands entwined and posted this for the rest of the family to see. Clearly they were all waiting for news because as soon as the photo was up their family were the first to reply.

Jongho and Yeonjun sat there for who knows how long, talking about how they looked forward to university being over, how they wanted to find a place of their own, and how happy they were.

Although they'd been together for 6 years now, as of this moment it felt like a new beginning, one they knew would last for the rest of their lives.

"So Choi Jongho ay?" Jongho said, combining Yeonjun's last name with his own. There was something so completely and utterly perfect about Yeonjun's last name. Jongho would always be a Park, but he felt like becoming a Choi was what he was always supposed to be.

"I like the sound of that" Yeonjun said after a moment, "I know we never really spoke of who would take whose last name so I also don't mind taking yo-"

"No" Jongho said imediately stopping Yeonjun in his tracks "I want to be yours, all yours, and I like the sound of Choi Jongho. . not going to lie, but I may have dooddled it down the back of a couple of school books throughout the years" he said, nudging Yeonjun's side.

Yeonjun chuckled "Well thats good to know since I always doodled Mr. Yeonjun & Jongho Choi."

Now Jongho chuckled.

"It was meant to be"

"Indeed it was"

~ Fin ~

A/n So that concludes this little extension hehe, I hope you liked it :)

Maybe in the future I'll write more for this universe as I have plenty of notes for side stories I could write that span way back from Woosangs time line to now.

But for now that's all folks!!!

Much love,
Lorri xx

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 • 𝐘𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧 🎉