Chapter 6: Feelings of Betrayal

A/N: WARNING, before reading this, there is a trigger warning. Mentions of bullying, drugs, and offensive language are involved. If this offends you in any way, please don't read ahead. 

Gaege's (Juicy's) POV (7 years ago)
I shoved my hands in my pockets, minding my own business as my eyes stayed glued to my converse in front of me. I didn't know where Eddie was at the moment. He was probably still in his calculus class that he always complained about.

Eddie and I had been close friends for almost two years now. Although now that he was a senior, I was very disappointed that this was going to be his last year in our high school. He had promised that he will call me or visit me when he had the chance, but it still wouldn't be the same without him. He was my best friend. Especially since I was the weird sophomore that doesn't have any other friends besides him.

I kept walking down the hallway, listening to Dominic Fike on Spotify. The music blasted in my ear, and I pulled my beanie lower. I had decided to wear my favorite pair of ripped jeans and shirt, which I thought I looked pretty good in. Although I still haven't gotten the guts to ask anyone out on a date yet. Eddie had encouraged that I should just take a leap of faith and go for it. I just shrugged and pretended not to care, even if a small glimmer of hope sprouted in me.

I suddenly tripped over something I hadn't noticed before, making me stumble to the ground. I gasped, letting out a small yell as I crashed into the cold, white tiles. I groaned, picking myself up on my elbows as I searched for the unknown object.

"Hey loser," I heard someone say behind me, "You better watch where you're going."

I glanced over my shoulder, fixing my backpack strap with a slight roll of my eyes. "Who the hell are you?" I asked, slightly pissed off about being tripped on purpose.

I met eyes with a group of older guys, probably around Eddie's age, who were chuckling and eyeing me as if I was worthless. I waited for an answer as one of them scoffed. He was wearing athletic clothing and ripped jeans, which were paired with a rich-looking pair of shoes. Most of them were wearing gold chains and probably sold drugs. They already had tattoos on their arms and had cold, mean eyes.

"You better watch your language," The guy that had scoffed earlier told me, "It's pretty rude to curse." I rolled my eyes, turning around. I started to walk off, ignoring the older boys.

It was until one of them said, "Heh, he can't even take a small insult." I stopped, turning back around with furrowed eyebrows.

"I can take an insult," I countered, glaring at the group of boys. They all laughed at me, making me feel like shit. Who the hell did they think they were?

"That's cute." One of them stood up, brushing his blonde hair aside, "But no one likes you."

I shook my head with a shrug, "You think you're original? I could care less."

The blonde boy crossed his arms, "Well, it's true. Who would like someone like you? You're stupid, try to act cool when you're not, and every girl rejects you."

I looked down, feeling a familiar pang of pain in my chest that made me ball my hands into fists.

"You're weird and probably gay also," Another boy jumped in, his blue eyes making my lips part in shock. "What? Didn't think we knew about that?"

I suddenly felt shocked about his comment, knowing that I hadn't told anyone. How did they know about it? Not even Eddie knew.

"We see the way you look at some of the guys," The blonde boy said again, "It's pretty pathetic how you stare at them when they will never like you back."