Ch.4 My Day Off

Y/N POV

Today was a weekday so I had today off from school. 'I have some left over money from doing my chores, might as well get a soccer ball and practice.' I put on some music and jogged to a sports shop, I then purchased a soccer ball. "That'll be 1000 yen, thanks for your purchase at the red burst sports shop." The cashier said in a very dull tone of voice. I walked out of the store and dribbled the ball on my way home. "Hey Y/N!" I heard a yell from the other direction. I looked to where the voice came from and saw one of the managers for our team, Ootani/Auriel. I picked up the ball and walked over to her. "Yes?" I said with a questioning tone. "Can I use your help?" Ootani/Auriel said laughing sheepishly. "Sure. What do you need help with?" I asked. "Can you help me carry these groceries to my house." Ootani/Auriel said. "Sure." I took one of the bags and just walked behind Ootani/Auriel. On our way to her house she brought up many topics trying to break the silence, I didn't really wanna talk, but one question made me a bit sad. "So how are your parents." Ootani/Auriel said with pure intentions. "Not well..." I said in a depressing tone. "Really? Well I hope they sort things out." Ootani/Auriel said smiling. This was a first, well what can I expect she can control the mood. "Heh thanks." I said scratching the back of my neck sheepishly. After a while we saw her house. I put my soccer ball near the entrance. "I'm home dad!" Ootani/Auriel said as she opened the door. "Hey there sweetie, put the groceries in the fridge and I'll start prepping the table-." As soon as he saw me his face changed from that of a happy one, to a questioning one. "This is my friend Y/N." Ootani/Auriel said. "Hi I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." I said as I bowed. "Hi there kiddo, make yourself at home." Ootani/Auriels dad said as he smiled. I put the groceries on the table and picked up a broom, I was doing some chores like I usually would. "Uhm what are you doing?" Ootani/Auriel said while pointing to the broom. "I'm helping around the house. What's wrong?" I asked deadfounded. Ootani/Auriel quickly tried to hide her embarrassed face. "Haha!" She couldn't hold it in, she finally let out all the laughter. "Y/N you don't need to do chores." Ootani/Auriel said recovering from her laughter. "Oh ok." I replied as I put the broom down where it last was.  "I'll take my leave then." I said as I put my headphones on and let myself out of the house. I dribbled the soccer ball I left near the doorway back to my house.

As I was nearing my neighborhood I saw something... it wasn't a human nor an animal... it was a pure figment of my imagination or so I hope... and it was creepy as hell, I was genuinely spooked. I decided to make a run for it, but as I got further away the darkness took control of my vision... in the distance I could hear my favorite song being played. I opened my eyes and felt around my body, nothing felt out of the ordinary, but my heart was pounding. "Mortal, Welcome To My Domain." I looked up to where the sound came from... this was the worst decision of my life. I saw a dark figure with a demonic skull, no eyes, no flesh, no skin... it was just like a haunted knight. (Reference shown below)

 (Reference shown below)

"Speak Mortal." The thing demanded. It's voice called for attention. I took a deep breath and said only a couple words... "what are you." A simple question that would soon turn into a massive life changing fact. "I Am Your Guardian." "Guardian huh. What a bunch of bullshit." I said in a confident tone. "Mortal, Do Not Reference Us As "Bullshit"." As my guardian said that more shadow like figures appeared. They were lesser beings but no doubt they were still threats. "What do you want." My face stayed stern as I stared into the darkness of my guardian. "We Ask For Entertainment, In Exchange We Shall Lend Our Power. Do Remember, This Power Is Only To Be Used Sparingly, You Will Take Recoil Damage." My guardian said. "Entertainment? You mean soccer right?" I asked trying to find what my guardian and those other things enjoyed. "Yes Soccer." My guardian said. "That's great to know, but how do I leave?" I asked. "Listen Closely, Listen To My Voice, Do You Remember Now. It's Your Favorite Song... Now You Are Dismissed." My guardian said as I fell through the floor into the overworld.

I clutched my heart, it was beating normally, as if it was a normal occurrence to see.. whatever I saw. I picked myself off the floor and dribbled the ball to my house as I was doing earlier. I could feel hard stares into the back of my head occasionally, even breathing down my neck. It was probably them...

This chapter was so fast, mainly cuz I love the topic of ghosts and the unnatural. It was nice including this part in just to satisfy myself. It also seems this chapter is released a day after the other one, lol