The Drive In

Day Four of Relaxation.

Well, we made it. The final day of no tours or interviews, and Ringo's day in the spotlight. Poor Ringo. He's hardly gotten a chance to interact with me. The others just seem to push him out of the way. It's not fair.

I know that today he'll stand out and prove that he's more than just the drummer. The precious, blue eyed baby needs love too.

There is a knock at my door. He has arrived, rather shyly.

"Morning, Y/N...can I come in?"

I open the door for him, smiling at his blushing face.

"You seem rather timid. You alright?"

"I'm just worried my plans won't entertain you, is all."

"Oh, George had the same fear yesterday. You know what happened? Everything worked out. You've got nothing to worry about. Say, where are we going?"

"I don't think I can reveal that until much, much later."

"Why not?"

"I hate to talk to you briefly and leave, but our movie date doesn't start until dusk. So...see you then."

He awkwardly walks out of the room. He's got the Harrison stress. But as I've discovered, it will blow away once his love takes over.

Unfortunately, now I've got to wait multiple, boredom filled hours until my Starr comes to save me. I've done this before, I guess I can do it one final time...

For one last time, a few hours later...

Ringo practically kicks the door open, spinning around and inviting me for fun to come...

"Ready to go? We should probably get there soon if we want a good spot."

"Sure am! What movie are we even seeing anyway?"

"Oh, it's not that important. I don't even remember. I just wanted to spoil you tonight."

It wasn't far to the drive in, yet somehow it was already packed.

"Cor. I thought we'd get a good place. Ah, it doesn't matter. It's not like we're in dire need to see this. I'd rather focus on something else..."

Ringo slides his hand into mine, gradually roaming around.

"What are you doing?"

"By now you should know that I didn't bring you here for the movie. I did it so I could spend time with you."

He places a soft kiss on my cheek, resting his head on my shoulder.

"You are so beautiful, you know that?"

"Aw..."

"It's true, y'know."

Throughout the night, Ringo was a complete sweetheart. He peppered light kisses along my face and neck, whispering sweet nothings to me every chance he got.

I hardly looked at the screen. I couldn't tell you what was happening.

Why should that matter? I have all I need by my side, treating me like a queen.

An hour passed, the temperature decreasing my the second. I began to shiver in Ringo's protective arms.

"Cold, Y/N? Luckily I thought of everything..."

He pulled out a blanket from the back seat, wrapping us in the thick sheet.

"Better?"

"So much better."

I nearly fell asleep from the warmth and comfort. Ringo had to shake me a bit once the screen turned black.

Even in the shadowy sky, I sensed his sapphire eyes shine in the midnight hour.

We stayed in parking lot, chatting our lives away.

"Y'know, I can't tell you a single thing that happened in that movie."

"Who cares about the movie? I had a great time with you, my Starr.

"But it's not over yet."

"What?"

"There's an ice cream place that's still open right next to us. I plotted this."

We walked to the small business, simply ordering some vanilla cones.

"I can't explain enough how much of an excellent time I've had with you, Ringo."

"That was all I wanted." He beamed.

"Look at that. You succeeded. No more Harrison stress."

"Harrison stress? Is that what you call it?"

"I guess so. It was accidental."

We finished up in peace, noticing a little drop of ice cream on Ringo's nose.

"Oh, you got a little-"

"Yeah, I can feel it." He wipes it off, a silly grin on his face.

"As much as I'd love to stay here, enjoying this peaceful moment with you, we should head back. You lads have a big day ahead of you tomorrow."

He frowns. "We sure do."

And so, we drove home, no scolding or arguments with Brian, collapsing on our beds and estimating how much sleep we'd get if we were in dreamland by now. It wouldn't be much, but it's enough...

Enough to carry us through our big day.