|•|Chapter 4|•|

"What I wanted to say is

"What I wanted to say is..."

Before Dev could complete, Ishwari's phone rang. Dev slumped down his shoulders in disappointment. Why everyone wants to talk to his Parents now when he is telling them something important? Ishwari attended the call while Dev dropped his shoulders in disappointment.

"Hello! Yes Rekha! How are you? Did your daughter like the pickle that I sent for her? Arey, it wasn't a big deal. Tell her not to thank me."

Till now, she was smiling and talking over the call and then suddenly, she got shocked.

"What? The maid isn't going to come today? The clothes are yet to be washed. This was the reason I told you not to hire her, but you didn't listen to me."

It was then she noticed that Dev was glaring at her. She smiled sheepishly at him and then her voice turned into a mere whisper.

"I'll talk to you later. Abhi main ek pravachan sunn rahi hoon."

Dev widened his eyes at her audacity to say this and she immediately corrected herself.

"I mean that I am in middle of something important. I'll talk to you later."

Saying this, she disconnected the call and looked at Dev.

"If you are done then can I start?"

They both nodded in a yes and he gave them a stern look.

"I request you to switch off your phones or put it on silent mode. I don't want any more disturbances."

They both nodded obediently and switched off their phones.

"What I wanted to say is that me and Sonakshi are completely different. I don't think there is even a chance for us in the future."

"How can you decide for the future? Let the future decide for you both."

Dev sighed as he heard Ishwari's words.

"Maa, we both are practical. We don't like to depend on other things to decide for us."

"Dev, enough of this. Take this tea. We will talk while drinking tea."

Ishwari handed him a cup of tea which he accepted gladly but then immediately spat out the tea when he tasted it.

"Eww! Where is sugar?"

"I didn't add sugar. Sonakshi had told me to cut down sugar intakes."

He slammed the cup on the swing and stormed in the House. He had had enough of Sonakshi rant! Ishwari and Ashok followed him and Ishwari stopped him by holding his hand.

"Devrath Dixit, you are not going to get away with this unless and until we have a proper talk."

She made him sit on the couch and he did so, irritated.