|•|Chapter 1|•|

The audience was constantly laughing in the auditorium as the stand up comedian continued cracking jokes and making them laugh

The audience was constantly laughing in the auditorium as the stand up comedian continued cracking jokes and making them laugh. But one person in the crowd wasn't enjoying this. 

"I have seen many relationships in which the boyfriend takes the girlfriend on a date. When it comes to paying the bill, we all know what it is like, right? Okay, if some of you don't know then let me enact it for you", spoke the stand up comedian, Sonakshi Bose on the mike, entertaining the crowd.

'Baby, I'll pay for this. I believe in gender equality.' "I am like, seriously girl? Now to prove that we are equal of men, do we really need to use this line? You could have used this line in some other situation. Like, when you have more salary than your partner or when you do something more productive than them. It feels like they know the wrong definition of gender equality."

The audience burst into laughter as she said this and started clapping. Some even whistled at this point. She then thanked the audience for being such sports and then the audience started leaving the auditorium.

The person too got angry and left from there not before looking at his fiancée who was greeting a few people who had stayed back to meet her personally and have a selfie with her. Ofcourse! Why wouldn't they? She was a star!

Sonakshi saw him leaving the auditorium without even meeting her. She politely excused herself and then went behind him, shouting his name.

On the other hand, without bothering about anyone, he quickly sat on his bike. He stopped when he heard her shouting his name. She rushed to him and took the helmet from his hands.

"What's wrong with you Dev? Why are you leaving this sudden?" He huffed and snatched the helmet from her hands. "I don't think I need to answer you." She sighed but before she could say anything, a few women came to her.

"We are your fans. We have been following you since you started uploading your videos on the internet. Can we have a selfie with you?"

Sonakshi nodded in a yes with a smile and quickly posed with them for the pictures. She also gave her autograph to a man who was waiting to meet her. All this while, Dev was sitting quite impatiently.

As the man went, Dev too started the engine of his bike. Sonakshi took the keys of his bike and looked at him. He removed his helmet and looked at her. It felt like both were piercing each other with their gazes.

"What's wrong with you Ms. Sonakshi Bose? I need my keys back." She crossed her arms across her chest, the keys still in her hands. "That's what I am asking! What's wrong with you Mr. Dev Dixit?"

He copied her posture on the bike while glaring at her. "I know you have a problem with my unemployment. But there was no need to insult me in front of everyone like this."

Sonakshi frowned in confusion when he said this. "What are you even talking about? I am not getting anything." He scoffed at her while she managed to control her anger.