|•|Chapter 2|•|

Dev woke up the next morning with a throbbing headache

Dev woke up the next morning with a throbbing headache. He groaned in pain as he held his head with his hands.

'Why did I even drink that much when I knew that I won't be able to handle it the next morning?'

As he was busy in his thoughts, he heard a knock on the door of his room.

"Dev! Get up! It's 10 in the morning."

His Father, Adarsh Dixit was knocking on the door. He was about to go but then he realised that he was drunk and he needed a mouth fresher. He saw a small bottle at the dressing table and sprayed it in his mouth, thinking that it was a mouth fresher. But he felt the taste very odd and when he saw the name on the bottle, he realised that he had actually sprayed perfume in his mouth.

"Dev, will you open the door today or should I book an appointment?"

Thinking that the purpose was solved of covering the smell of alcohol, he rushed and opened the door.

"Finally! You woke up! Brush your teeth and come fast. Your Maa has made dosa."

Dev frowned at this piece of information. Was he really getting dosa for breakfast?

"Seriously? Who eats dosa for breakfast?"

"I had got batter yesterday to make idli. The batter is still left, so your Maa is making dosa. Come fast."

Dev nodded with a sigh and his Father left from there. Dev simply brushed his teeth and walked to the dining table to have his breakfast. Neither his Father was sitting there nor his Mother. He knew that they both would be busy in romancing.

"I need food!"

After two to three minutes of his yelling, his Father came and sat on the couch of the living room instead of the dining table.

"It will take time to get the breakfast ready. Your Mother is watching Sonakshi's video."

Dev controlled the urge to roll his eyes at this. Soon, his Mother, Ishwari Dixit, came there and sat beside them on the couch with a few boiled potatoes in a bowl to peel them off. Dev narrowed his eyes at this and scoffed.

"Maa, Papa told me that the breakfast is ready. But here you are still peeling the potatoes for the filling of dosa."

Ishwari looked at him and frowned.

"Why are you so cranky? Do you have a headache?"

"Yes! I have a really bad headache."

Adarsh leaned closer to Dev and whispered in his ears.

"I am able to smell alcohol on your clothes."

Dev started coughing at this and sneakily smelled the collars of his shirt. He gulped when he really was able to smell the alcohol. He had completely forgotten that yesterday when he was chugging down the drinks in the pub, a glass had poured down on his clothes. Not bothering about it at that time, he had continued drinking. But his dumb brain forgot to change the clothes last night or even in the morning. His thoughts were broken by Ishwari.