Chapter five

After discussing what we all needed to do we split up trying to make use of how many there was of us looking for her. Kaiden, Fabian, and I were tasked with looking for this guy that was with Jessica.

Kaiden's good with looking for people (supposedly), I know the most about what happened that day, and Fabian wouldn't go anywhere unless it was with me. We went off to the patrol station, they had all the stuff Kaiden would need to find this guy. I'm kinda curious as to how this guy is involved and if he has any information on Jericho's hideout.

We got there and the men working there were side eyeing us, watching us closely.

"Aniko! Kaiden, it's great to see you!," A voice said behind us. We turned and Nathen came up and greeted us.

"Nathen, it's great to see you again too," I said politely. I remembered his offer about coming here if we needed anything and now I'm taking him up on it.

"So what can I help you with?," he said looking at us then his eyes lingering on Fabian. He's probably not used to the smell. But Fabian is the best smelling vampire I know.

"You guys have the best system in the pack, we're conducting an investigation and your assistance would be quite helpful," Kaiden said in his best beta voice.

"Of course! Follow me," Nathen said directing us all down the hall.

I gave Kaiden a look which he returned with his own look. It's weird seeing him all serious and beta-like. I've always known he was going to one day be the beta but now he really is.

The room at the end of the hall was heavily secured with pin pads and card scanners but Nathen was quick and showed us to the computers and other stuff. None of this computer stuff is my forte but alas I'm here being helpful.

Kaiden did his thing and soon enough he had almost all of this guys account's pulled up. His name is Grayson Powell. There's not much to him however he didn't have an active phone number which is odd.

"You found him ... which is great- so now do we message him or something or we track him or something-," I say getting ahead of myself.

"I don't think we'll be able to do that love," Fabian says as he and Kaiden look through one of his accounts.

"Rest in peace, another life gone too soon, you will be missed... shall I continue?," Fabian says looking at me.

"He's dead?  ... shit," I start chewing my lower lip which was a habit of mine in high school when I was beyond stressed.

"We can contact the people he was close too and figure out if they knew what was up with him and Jessica and if he openly talked about Jericho," Kaiden said.

"He doesn't look like he's one of us, I get the feeling Jessica somehow got this human involved in this web," Fabian said looking at me.

"Did you guys find out anything about my mom?," I asked as we all met up back at the house.

"Yes actually, but- something feels weird about it," Jonathan said.

"What do you mean?," I ask as he walks in the kitchen.

"We've looked through that footage so many times. We've watched it so many times yet this time we got the exact moment your mother went missing," he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Somethings not right about it. Someone wanted us to find that and follow it - we've watched that footage so many times, it just doesn't make sense!," Jayce said frustratedly.

"How about you guys, did you find anything," Jordan asks coming closer to us.

"Yes actually. We were able to get in contact with a couple of the guy's friend but they didn't know anything about Jessica nor Jericho," I said rubbing my temple.

"Could you not get in contact with him directly?," Hudson asks as he walks in the kitchen. 

"No we couldn't because he's dead," Kaiden says.

"Oh-," they all simultaneously let out.

"So where do we go from here? Do we follow this setup and see where it leads us ... or is there a way to outsmart them?," Jayce said.

"Jericho is extremely smart and calculates everything. There's no way around him, I know this from experience. Our best bet would be to-," Fabian says before the door bursts open and Nolan strolls in out of breath like he owns the place.

"I found your mom," he pants out as he puts his hands on his knees.

"What?," I say looking at him in disbelief. He just barged in here and starts screaming nonsense.

"I found your mom. I was out last night driving. I was in some spot I'd never been or seen but I saw a car in a ditch and thought someone might've been hurt so I went to check," he says rushing his sentence out.

"It was actually Jessica's car. I looked around a little bit but then I saw lots of foot prints and torn pieces of clothes. The scent was gone, it probably rained and washed it away. Anyways I followed the trail for about 3 miles and it led me straight to them. No one saw me but I saw both your mom and Jessica in a dark room through a very small window. I know I know ... it might not have been them but I know what I saw and it was them," he says standing fully up.

"Wait- That must mean Jericho has people working for him. He would never leave a trail that could be followed - especially like that. That's the work of an amateur," Fabian says coming closer to me.

"We searched everywhere and found nothing. I'm sure we've looked there thousands of times and nothing was ever there - it's not adding up," Jayce reasoned.

Jericho is definitely trying to mind fuck us. I hate that I don't know whats actual evidence or if they planted it for us to find.

"I say as of now we continue on - if we're walking into a trap we just have to be ready to fight. Let's confront him ... head on," I say.

I'm not even sure if this is the right plan or the right way to do this. I don't think there is a right way to do this.

The more we stall the more time we loose.

I just wish I could know if I'm making the right decisions.

I don't wanna mess this completely up.