Chapter nine

I entered my dads house which was were I supposed to be staying tonight. I heard them in the kitchen. Probably eating dinner without me.

"Your home, have a seat," Jayce said pulling out a chair for me. I sat in between Jordan and Jonathan. Nolan sat beside Jessica. Abigail next to my dad.

"Why are you still here?" Seriously why is he still here? Doesn't he have some pack to run or learn how to run it?

"Aniko! He's here to spend time with his mate!," my father said. I nodded my head and picked at the food that was given to me. I don't really like Abigail's cooking. It's always dry.

"I heard training went well," my father said.

"Well!? I kept getting pinned I didn't win any of the matches I was in. I think Aniko needs to get checked to see if she's qualified for the job." Jessica- this Jessica isn't my sister.

Before I got to get a word out Nolan cut into the conversation.

"Who was that at the training hall ... who you were dancing with. Was that the one from the other day?," he said rather irritated.

"Are you serious? You can't play mate whenever it's convenient," I said.

"We need to talk about this! Like really talk about this! I refuse to let you girls go through what me and your mother went through!," Abigail said standing and slamming her fork down.

"What is there to talk about mom? She's lying-," Jessica started.

"Abigail I appreciate it. But it's not worth it. Especially when my mate hasn't done anything about it-," I said standing up. She grabs my arm and looks me into the eyes. Her eyes boring into my soul.

"Can't we have one nice family dinner?," my dad asked defeatedly.

I chuckled. "She's not my family- she's not my sister, she's dead to me and so is he."

I heard a knock at my door late when I supposed to be asleep. Abigail enters the room and comes sit down on the end of my bed.

"I know your hurting. I'm here for you Aniko-," she said which made me break down. I hated crying in front of people. It didn't make me feel weak it just made me feel strange. I grabbed onto her and buried my head into her shoulder. We were never particularly close - I just really needed a shoulder to cry on.

"I'm tried of acting Abigail. Why can't he just reject me? It'd hurt less if he just cut the strings," I said with a sob.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you. I've talked to Jessica and I don't know what she's doing."

I nodded and wiped my face. "What if I- if I weren't here anymore. I don't think he'd care and I'd be happy. I wouldn't have to act like I'm fine anymore," I said rushed.

"We need to talk," his deep voice said at my door. "Luna Abigail may I speak with her?"

"If you hurt her anymore than you already have - I will make sure you-," I cut her off my pulling her arm. She looked down at me and nodded and got up.

"What do you want?," I asked once she left the room.

"Don't- I don't want you to go. I need you," he said.

"You drive me crazy!! I could scream! When you say shit like that you make me think that you actually care, that you actually want me! Nolan STOP! Please I can't do this anymore," I said yelling at him.

He just stood there. Without looking at me. I got up from the bed and walked over to him. I pushed against his chest. "Say something!" I push again. "Say anything!" I push harder.

I crumble to the ground and tears stream down my face hitting the floor. He crouched down and sat on the floor with me. His arms wrapped around me. That feeling. It was like a drug. The more and more he's around me and he holds me the more and more I want him to be here. If he keeps doing this I might get addicted.

"Hang in there- I promise I'll be here with you. Just please wait," he said.

"Can you tell me how long? How long do I need to be foolishly patient?," I asked lowly.

"I- ," he said before never finishing. I leaned more into his chest and wrapped my arms around him.

"Can you promise not to leave- please don't leave now," I begged. He didn't say anything else but he grabbed onto me tighter and held me strong. I liked this feeling.

Will it be the last time? I don't want it to be. Maybe this should be the last time. How long can I wait and how long can I go without knowing if it's really worth it. A mate is everything to me. This is such a blind leap of faith- and I hate not knowing how this will end up for me? What is it I need to do to thrive and be happy.

Do I wait for him and however long that'll take or do I-

"Stop thinking- it's all gonna be okay," he soothed. I hadn't known him for very long but- he knew all the right things to say and all the right words to make the weight on my chest lessen.

Moon goddess what did I do to deserve this?