Chapter 20

Draco came to pick Penny up with a bouquet of tulips and two breakfast burritos. When he arrived, Penny was still asleep and they decided to not wake her up.

Hermione didn't know how Draco would react today after yesterday, but Hermione was never one to beat around the bush.

After enjoying the food Draco brought for them, Hermione started.

"Draco, I think we need to talk. Where we left off yesterday..."

Draco panicked inside. So, Hermione did notice. She did have an inkling of what he felt for her. Before Hermione could answer, he managed,

"Hermione, I don't know how you feel about what I alluded to from yesterday's conversation, but before you tell me how you feel, I want to do this right. No matter your answer, I will respect it wholeheartedly, but please hear me out."

With a gulp, Draco continued.

"Hermione, I like you. You already know that I cherish you for your presence, your intelligence, your mind, your heart, and your smile...But what I feel for you...goes beyond that. Much, much beyond that.

I...I love you. I love the way you engage in philosophical queries with me for hours, I love how you are confident yet humble, and I love how empathetic and compassionate you are. You inspire me in so many ways and when I'm with you, you make me the happiest man.

For the longest time, I've wanted more. I've dreamt about being with you, as each other's significant other. I want to be with you, spend more time with you, and make many more memories with you."

Draco's voice trembling from the ardor in his speech, he finished,

"Hermione Granger, I am in love with you."