Chapter 31: See Him Again

Disclaimer: Everything besides Miyu and her family belong to Takeshi Konomi.

$@)&@$)

We were going to Germany to visit Kunimitsu. Before I agreed to go, I had to get my heart checked to see if I would be able to go. The doctor said that I was well enough to go with the regulars. I couldn't wait to see him. I missed him so much. I looked at my ring. We were on the bus to the rehab center. His doctor picked us up from the airport. We reached the rehab center. I got off from the bus and turned to see Kunimitsu standing next to the bus. "Kunimitsu," I whispered. One by one, everyone was saying his name.

"I'm glad you came, everyone," he said. I walked up to him and gave him a hug. He hugged me back and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I missed his touch. "I missed you," I whispered. We pulled apart and looked at everyone. They were happy to see us together after a long time. I felt the comfort beating of my heart.

We went to the lobby to speak. We gave him a metal from the tournament. After we talked for a while, he gave us a tour of the facility. He showed us his room.He had everything that he needed. Kunimitsu had a lot of tennis books. I looked at the table to see that he had a picture frame with a picture of us at the sunrise. I smiled. {He is always thinking of me.}

Kunimitsu was going to give us a tour of the city. Kunimitsu held my hand the whole tour. I didn't want to let go. Just being with him was healing my heart. We were at the top of St. Peter's Church, the oldest church in Munich. While everyone looked over the rail, I leaned against the wall with Oishi and Kunimitsu. He was rubbing my hand to let me know that he was there

Suddenly, I heard Fuji say that Echizen, Momoshiro, Kaidoh, and Inui were gone. "I hope that they are ok," I worried. Kunimitsu decided to call the rehab facility. They didn't have much contact with them as well. We decided to head to Kristov Avenue where Kunimitsu thought that his trainer would be.

We ended up finding them at a tennis court. Echizen was playing a match against a woman. The woman was Hannah Essenheimer, Kunimitsu's trainer. She used to be a former pro. Inui and Kunimitsu told everyone her story. It was quite sad.

Echizen gave Hannah the motive to return to the pro circuit. Kunimitsu went up to Hannah and gave her the sweatbands. They walked off the court. Kunimitsu came to me and held my hand. "So this is the girl from the photo," I heard. I looked up to see Hannah in front of us.

"This is Miyu. My fiancee," Kunimitsu said with a serious face. She gave me a smile. "Nice to meet you," she said. "Nice to meet you too," I said with a smile. I knew what she was thinking. She was probably thinking how a serious and emotionless guy like Kunimitsu could have a fiancee. Also, how can he get a fiancee at a young age.

Next day...

It was time for us to return to Japan. We all walked inside the bus. Ryuzaki-sensei exchanged a few words with Kunimitsu. She head inside the bus. Kunimitsu turned to me and gave me an embrace. "Be strong for me a little longer ok," he whispered. "Okay," said. He kissed me on the forehead and I kissed him on the cheek. We reluctantly let go of each other and I got inside the bus.

We said our goodbyes and head to the airport.

My heart felt light. I knew that he healed my heart enough until he returned home.