Chapter 5: My Return

Disclaimer: Everything besides Miyu and her family belong to Takeshi Konomi.

&@$&@

Normal view...

Oishi went to school with a copy of the email. He went to Ryuzaki-sensei's office. Ryuzaki-sensei looked up from her desk. "Oh Oishi, what brings you here?" she asked him. "I got a email from Asada-san. She had a message to the tennis team," he said. Ryuzaki-sensei agreed

They walked to the tennis courts. "Everyone line up," she said. Tezuka lined up with the regulars. "Oishi got a message from Asada-san," she said. She turned to Oishi to give him an ok to read the message.

Thank you for letting me know. I feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I don't know if I will ever come back to Japan again due to my condition. If I don't, please thank everyone for me. Thank everyone who worried about me. Thank everyone who supported me. I hope to see everyone, but until then work your best toward nationals. Thank you.

Oishi looked up from the paper. He could see that some of the players were sadden by the message. Tezuka was most affected by the message. Even though he didn't show any emotions, inside, he felt regret.

Age 13

Miyu's point of view

My recovery took longer than expected. It was great that I was back in America. I needed space from everyone in Japan. I had bad memories. I had to go through therapy. I was thankful for Keisuke and Kana for helping me. Brent helped me too. He spent much time with me as possible. He helped with my rehabilitation and therapy. He cared for me a lot.

I have gotten a lot of emails since then. Tezuka emailed me everyday to let me know about the tennis team. He told me that Oishi read the email that I sent to the whole tennis club. Some of them cried. Everyone wished me for good health. I didn't know if I could trust them again.

I grown a lot since I left. I grew taller and slimmer. I was still short and skinny due to my condition. I had a heart face shape. I had hair little past my shoulders. I had bangs. My signature features were my eyes and smile. I was happy that I didn't scar from the surgery.

November....

Age 14

I had just turned 14 a few days ago. Keisuke and Kana were moving to Japan and I would be returning with them. I still had to go through recovery and therapy. We weren't the only ones going to Japan. My niece Tiffany was coming as well. She was born two weeks ago. I adored her.

Our plane landed at 10 am. Kana's father came to pick us up. I would be living with them and not my grandfather. We haven't spoken much since the explosion. We arrived at the house. It was big for the four of us. I had my own room. The best thing about it was that I was right next door to Tiffany.

I decided to go to school to look around. It was a Saturday. I remembered the route to the school. I saw the front gate opened. I decided to go to the tennis court. My therapist said that I needed to be at the scene in order to face my trauma. I heard tennis balls. I turned the corner to see the tennis club practicing.

I was so focused on watching that I didn't realized that someone was behind me. "May I help you?" I heard. I turned around and recognized the smile. "Fuji," I said. "Do I know you?" he asked. He looked really confused.

He looked at the necklace around my neck. "Miyu?" he said. I nodded my head with a smile. {He remembered.} His smile grew a bit more. "Your back," he said. "I just got here a couple hours ago," I said. "We should surprise Tezuka," he said. I wasn't so sure. I told him that I was going to see Ryuzaki-sensei. We parted ways and I went to the office.

Ryuzaki-sensei was happy to see me. She apologize for what had happen. I accepted her apology. "Will you come back to manage the tennis team? she asked. "I could, but I am still recovering," I said. "What do you mean?" she asked. "My heart is not normal. I can't over exert myself. I may run into complications if I do," I said. "I understand. But, still, I would like you to manage the team at your own pace," she said. I nodded with a smile.

We both made our way to the tennis courts. She told me that Tezuka was vice captain right now. I was happy for him. We made it to the tennis courts. Oishi still looked the same. He saw me. "Miyu," he said. I gave him a smile to let him know that it was me. Some of the players saw me. The second and third years remembered.

I saw Tezuka on the tennis court. He was playing against Kawamura when he got interrupted by Ryuzaki-sensei. He gotten taller. His facial features were sharper. He looked a bit like his grandfather. He was muscular as well. He almost looked like an adult.

Ryuzaki-sensei made everyone line up. "Everyone, I would like you all to welcome back and apologize to Asada-san. She is still recovering from her injuries and being treated for mental trauma," she said. I turned to them.

All together, they apologized to me. I felt tears coming out. The feeling got overwhelming. Then, I started to cry. I covered my face so that they didn't see. I felt someone rubbed my back. Then, I felt arms around me. I could tell that it was Tezuka. I stopped crying in a few minutes. Ryuzaki-sensei asked me if I would like to be the manager again this time in front of everyone. I accepted her offer.

I started immediately. I wasn't happy to see the club house in a mess though. After practice, Tezuka walked me to my new home. We talked on the way. It felt like old times.