Chapter 12: To Worry or Not To Worry

Disclaimer: Everything besides Miyu and her family belong to Takeshi Konomi.

$@)&@$)

I was walking around the school to see Tezuka washing his face. I went up to him. He tried to feel for his towel. I gave him a towel. He notice the towel next to him. "Thank you," he said and wiped his face. I got his glasses from the faucet. He gave the towel to me and I put his glasses on for him.

"You are going to duel?" I heard. I turned to find Oishi behind me. "What duel?" I asked. Tezuka turned to Oishi. "You were listening?" Tezuka asked. "What are you thinking right now?" Oishi asked. "It's ok Oishi," Tezuka tried to reassure him.

"What duel?" I asked again with worry. Oishi looked at me. ""Tezuka is planning to play a match against Echizen," he said. I turned to him. {What about his elbow?} "Is this true?" I asked worried. He looked at me. "Don't worry about me? I don't want you to have heart pains again. Its my job to worry about you," he said. I looked down at the ground and nodded. I knew that he was doing his job as captain.

Next day...

Tezuka, Oishi, and I went to the hospital to check Tezuka's elbow. Oishi's uncle was his doctor. The doctor looked at the x-ray of his elbow. I stood next to Tezuka with my hand on his shoulder. "Tennis is bad for the elbow. Once you get tennis elbow, there's nothing you can do. For you though, it's really the joints that are hurting, not the elbow. Your famous drop shot has really put some strain on it," the doctor explained to us.

"Uncle Akida, will he need more treatment? There's no way we can win All-Japan without Tezuka," Oishi said. {I hope for good news please.} "Suichiro, don't go jumping into conclusions. Let me continue. You've done well...Congratulations. It has healed," the doctor said with a smile. I started to smile myself. "You did it, Tezuka," Oishi said. "I'm so happy," I said.

The doctor told him to stay away from long matches and not to do any drop shots in the near future. We walked out of the doctor's room to walk to school for practice. "We were lost in the celebration back there, but what about the match with Echizen?" Oishi asked. I turned to Tezuka. {Is he going to continue with his plan?} "It's healed, so there shouldn't be any problems," Tezuka said. {He is going to continue.} "But you said yourself not to let your guard down..." Oishi said. "Don't make me repeat myself. It's fine," Tezuka said.

Tezuka continue his way across the street. I followed behind him. "Don't worry Miyu," I heard him say. "Ok," I said quietly.

We made it to school and i did my duties. I was walking to see Tezuka doing muscle training. He didn't normally train in front of everyone at practice. The regulars notice as well. I could see the worried look on Oishi's face. I knew that Tezuka didn't want me to worry due to my health. I decided to trust his decision this time.

Next day...

I went to do my duties as usual. I knew Tezuka and Echizen wouldn't be at practice today. The regulars notice that they weren't at practice. I notice that Oishi wasn't here as well. {Did he go to check on them?} Ryuzaki-sensei told them a lie. "Echizen called in sick," she said. She said that Tezuka was sick too. I saw the regulars look at me.

I continued to supervise the court. She said that Oishi was sick as well. "Seems like there's some conspiracy going on here," Inui said. Ryuzaki-sensei tried to get them to do their practice. I saw Ryuzaki-sensei look at me. {I know.}

After practice, I got home. I went to our room and saw Tezuka reading. "How was the match?" I asked. He didn't say anything. I put my face down. {I shouldn't have asked.} "Never mind," I said and set my stuff down. I closed the door behind me to set for dinner.

After dinner, I washed up and went to our room. Kunimitsu was watching his TV program. I went to my desk to read. "It was fine," he said. I turned to him. I knew what he was referring to. "Okay," I said.

{I have less to worry about now.}