Blake motioned to Archer.

"It's his fault. He spent almost an hour in the bathroom fixing his hair."

Archer shrugged un-apologetically.

"I regret nothing." He said to Blake, while wrapping an arm around my waist.

The doors to the elevator slid open with a ding before Blake could respond and we all stepped inside.

Before the doors could close completely a voice yelled, "Hold the door!"

Archer put his hand in front of the door and it slid back open to reveal Cade and Avery.

Great.

Avery scowled as she eyed everybody in the elevator.

"Let's just wait for the next one." She whispered quite loudly.

Cade shook his head and grabbed Avery's hand.

"We'll miss the bus then."

Avery huffed and let Cade lead her into the now fully loaded elevator.

As the doors slid close I could feel Archer's muscle tense at Cade's close proximity.

I squeezed his hand and gave him a small smile.

Just when I thought that maybe we could make it to the lobby without Archer killing Cade the elevator shuddered making everyone lose their footing, and came to a complete stop.

The emergency bell in the elevator instantly came on.

"What happened?" Dawn asked as she pressed her hands to her ears to try and block out the harsh wailing of the bell.

No one had an answer and we all watched as Cade pressed the red emergency button a few times.

No response.

"Are we stuck in here?!" Avery screeched.

"No, we're not stuck." Cade responded.

"Then what do you call it, because it sure looks like we're stuck to me." Avery snapped.

"Oh my gosh! We're going to die!" Avery wailed.

"I told you we should've waited for the next elevator." Avery continued while glaring at Cade.

"Will you shut up!?" Arched yelled.

Avery threw him a look over her shoulder.

"You never had a problem with me being... vocal before." She said shooting a nasty smile my way.

It didn't take a genius to know what she was doing while being vocal, but I kept reminding myself that it was in the past.

And that murder was illegal.

That was the only thing keeping me from snapping her neck in the elevator.

An angry and pained expression crossed Cade's face but Avery either didn't see it or chose to ignore it.

World's best girlfriend right there.

I felt Archer tighten his grip on my waist like he was afraid I'd suddenly move away from him after listening to Avery.

I wrapped my own arm around him to reassure him and I felt him relax.

"Oh please Avery. We all knew how vocal you could be before you even got with Archer." Megan said with a scowl on her face.

She turned to look at Blake.

"You remember that time we passed the janitor's closet?"

Blake nodded and then added,

"And that time we passed the old band room."

"And Mrs.Green's old classroom." Megan added.

Avery's face had gone beet red and she kept opening and closing her mouth like a fish.

I loved Megan.

The elevator suddenly started moving again and the emergency bell stopped its harsh ringing stopping anymore insults from flying.

Cade sighed in relief.

"See I told you we weren't stuck."

I watched the numbers above the elevator door descend all the way down to the letter L but instead of stopping it kept going until the L changed into a B.

I frowned and looked at the panel with all the floor numbers on it. There was a key slot next to the letter B meaning only people with that key could get into the basement.

So why were we suddenly headed to the basement?

The doors dinged and slid open to reveal a dimly lit hallway with gray walls and floors to match.

"What the hell?" Archer muttered as he eyed the hallway.

Cade pressed the L button repeatedly but the doors didn't budge.

"The lobby button isn't working." Cade said what everybody already knew.

"Try the emergency button again." Dawn suggested.

Cade pressed the emergency button.

Still nothing.

Everybody was eyeing each other with worried glances.

We were stuck, and if we couldn't go up then our only way out was forward.