Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

"This is Noah's. He was here. I think he's close." She said confidently, turning to Stiles.

"Guys." Scott said pulling our attention to him. He ventured a little further up the tunnel. He was staring down a connected tunnel. "I think we've been down tunnels like this before like when we were trying to find Liam and Hayden."

"Okay, so what?" Stiles asked annoyed.

"Maybe, it means we're closer than we think. Maybe there's something else down here. Something that we haven't found yet." Scott explained.

"Yeah, nothing that helps my dad. Look, we can't just be standing around here waiting for something to-" Stiles' words were cut off as he was rushed from the side. He was thrown into a wall where he hit his head and lost consciousness.

"Stiles!" Scott and I called out. We rushed over to our friend while Malia wrestled his attacker to the ground. I finally got a good look at them when Malia growled in their face. I realized it was that Noah kid. This must've been the chimera who attacked Noah last night.

"Let me go, please, please." He begged, trying to struggle free. Malia growled and slammed his back back down to the ground. "They're coming."

"The doctors?" I asked him. He nodded aggressively. Crap. That's not good. Scott shook Stiles awake, who jumped up from his spot on the ground.

"Please let me go." Noah begged.

"Last night you attacked my dad. What did you do to him?" Stiles asked, ignoring the pleas.

"I don't know. I don't remember. Please, they are gonna kill me." Noah responded. Malia growled and got off of him. I watched from my spot at Scott's side as Noah jumped up and tried to take off but Stiles slammed him into the wall.

"You're not going anywhere." Stiles said to the squirming kid.

"I said I don't remember." Noah said through his teeth still trying to get free of Stiles' grip. Stiles had his arm pressed against Noah's neck, keeping him trapped.

"You don't remember anything?" Stiles asked, not believing him.

"No. Not when it happens. Not when I change." Noah confessed.

"You clawed my dad half to death, okay, and now it's poisoning him. You're gonna start remembering every detail right now." Stiles growled out.

"Scott, I hear them." Malia said. Malia came over to stand on Scott's other side.

"Yeah, I do, too." Scott told her. He looked back at Stiles. "Hey, Stiles, get him out of here. Go to the hospital. Figure out a way to save your dad."

"We're not gonna be able to stop them." I remind him.

"But we can slow them down." Scott pointed out. "Stiles, go." After a nod from Scott, Stiles dragged Noah down the opposite tunnel. The three of us left turned to face the way the doctors were coming. Scott winced and gasped in pain. Malia and I locked concerned eyes and looked back at him. I heard the footsteps as the doctors rounded the corner.

"We're gonna be okay." Scott assured us.

"Scott, we're gonna die down here." Malia said, staring down the doctors.

"No, we're not." Scott said confidently.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked him. 

"Because Malia isn't the only one that I called." Scott informed us.

"Get down." A voice said from the shadows behind us. I turned to see Chris Argent raising a huge shotgun. Scott pulled me to the side out of the way and Malia jumped the other way as Chris started firing the gun. The doctor in the middle held up his hand and created an electromagnetic type shield, blocking the bullet. It didn't penetrate but it sure pushed them back a step. Chris kept firing as the doctors kept walking toward us but slowed in their pursuit.

"Run!" Chris commanded us. The three of us took off down the tunnel passage with Chris following behind, still firing bullets.

After we escaped the tunnels, we all jumped in Chris' truck and rushed to the hospital. The three of us ran through the emergency room doors and looked to Melissa, who sat at the front desk, for news. She nodded her head with a smile, confirming he was alright.

"Can I see him?" I asked. I wasn't sure if I was going to be allowed in the room he was being kept. Technically it was for family only, and I wasn't his actual kid.

"Head on up Kiddo." Melissa said. I sent her a grateful smile and headed toward the elevator. When I got to the floor, I practically ran down the hallway to his room. I looked through the window to see him giving Stiles a half smile. Tears welled up in my eyes. He was really okay. I blinked back the tears.

I wanted to go in, but I didn't want to ruin the moment between those two. Just as I was about to walk away, Noah looked up and locked eyes with me. He made a motion with his head for me to come in. I opened the door and walked in the room.

"Come here, kid." He said holding up his other hand, motioning me to his side. I grabbed a chair and dragged it to the side of his bed. I grabbed on to his hand.

"I'm really glad you're okay." I said, my voice cracking as the emotions from the last 48 hours started catching up to me. I bit my trembling lip, as I tried to keep my emotions together.

"Woah, woah. No tears Mac. I promise I'm gonna be just fine." He said, moving his hand to pat my head. I finally broke, a fountain of tears flooded down my face.

"I know." I sobbed out, covering my mouth to try and hold the sounds in.

"Mac-" Noah started but Stiles cut him off.

"Let her get it out dad. She's had a hard day." Stiles said.

———————————

We Stan supportive Stiles in this household

1599 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.