Chapter 8

*3rd point of view*

Satoru woke up to the smell of coffee.

He lifted his head and noticed that he fell asleep on the couch.

"Babe?"

Higeki popped her head out from the kitchen, she seemed to be awake for a while since her hair was neat and she was already wearing her uniform.

Since she had unusual heterochromia, with her left eye black and her right eye purple, she would usually wear an eyepatch to block one of the eyes for specific occasions, but she never wore them at home since Satoru didn't like it.

"Yeah?"

Gojo sat up and ruffles his hair, "What are you doing up so early?"

The Kaneki shrugged while bringing him a cup of coffee, "I told you I would go back to researching after we cuddled. I decided to make breakfast since we ended up falling asleep."

Satoru took the cup and laughed a little, "Do you ever stop working?"

Higeki looked at him skeptically, "You've known me for eight years. You should know the answer to that question."

The male nodded and sipped his coffee, "And did you find anything about Kaoru?"

Higeki nodded then took out a notepad that had tons of scribbles and writing on it, "It turns out, Kaoru's real name is Kibutsuji Tokino. However, she never sided with her brother. She had many friends and provided information to the Demon Corp..."

The Kaneki furrowed her brows, "But the journal doesn't explain why Kaoru forgot everything and why her demon instincts were dormant for so long. The only thing I could calculate was that Kaoru would most likely sleep to gain energy since she can't eat human flesh. In addition, she can walk under the sun without burning so that's a bonus."

Suddenly Gojo started to pay her head, "Well, you got that information so that's good~"

"Get your hand off my head unless you want an early death."

"No~"

"...."

"W-w-wait! I'm sorry! Don't—AAAHHH!!!!"

———————

Quick A/N: Please assume that whenever Higeki is doing Jujutsu Work, that she is wearing her Kaneki mask and outfit :)

"Who passed away?" Gojo asked.

"My grandpa, but he's like a father to me." Itadori said while petting Kaoru's head, however she was sleeping.

He was a bit ticked off about the fact that she had to wear a muzzle and was put into a trance, but if that's what keeps her safe then he couldn't fight about it.

"Forgive us. We came at a bad time." Higeki apologized.

"So have you made your decision?" Satoru changed the topic.

"Is it common to have casualties from curses?" Itadori asked.

Gojo hummed, "Well, this is a very special case. But it's not rare to see curses bring damage."

Higeki looked down grimly, "It's lucky for someone to die normally after an encounter with a curse."

"It's also lucky to find bodies that have been torn apart." Gojo added.

Higeki tightened her hands into a fist, remembering what happened to her parents.

Itadori looked at them with shock in his eyes, then he looked down.