Chapter 17

Haven's POV

I paced the length of the house for what was most likely the hundredth time. Jeff was never home more that a few hours, and I wasn't particularly eager to know where he went. I heard the soft opening of the door and turned to see girl. She had long brown hair and wore a sour expression, but what caught my attention most was her eyes, or eye. Her eye was an almost glowing green while the other was completely replaced with a still ticking silver pocket watch. I felt my jaw drop and felt like an idiot standing there starring at her.

I watched as her mouth formed a smirk and she calmly sat on the couch. "I'm Natalie." She stated simply. All I could do was stand there paralyzed.

"H-haven" I finally managed to croak out.

"The famous human who ruined Jeff." Amusement glistened in her eye "he lost all his friends, his home, and his entire life. All because of you."

I-...I don't-" her smirk grew as I failed to find words.

"Of course you never cared enough to think about what Jeff might want, or even how your selfish choices effect him. Like all humans, you only care about yourself." I find myself wanting to curl up in a ball and cry. Everything she was saying was true. I never thought about Jeff, only myself and what I wanted.

"Everything you do just fucks Jeff's life up even more. If you really cared, you'd run and destroy someone else." With her final word she glared at me and walked out the still open door, slamming it behind her. The moment she was gone, my legs gave out and I fell to the ground and cried.

After what felt like hours of crying finally stopped, I replayed her words in my head run away. Maybe it would be better if I left, from what I know Jeff was doing more than fine before me. He could go back to his real home with the people who really cared instead of being stuck with me. I was fucking useless.

I jumped to my feet and yanked the door open and ran. Just like Natalie said run away. Jeff would be better without Me. It was stupid to think I ever met anything to him. Despite my logic, I wanted to turn back, to pace the house until Jeff returned. Selfish.

Only god knows how long I ran, but the sun began to set and I was somewhere out of the woods along an unpopulated highway. My once steady run became a slow walk and every step aced. My stomach growled loudly as if demanding food. In the distance, I could make out a glowing neon sign 'wanderer's inn'. I felt a small smile creep into my face at the sign. With the glimmer of hope, I ran the rest of the way to a small slightly run down building. I walked around the side of the building to the front lobby where a middle aged women gave me what looked to be a forced smile.

"How much is it for a night?" I asked.

"25" she said as she looked at my poor attire. I reached into my Jean's pocket in search of any cash. With no luck, I reached into the doubtful pocket of my sweat shirt. My hand flinched back as I felt the cold, sharp medal of a knife Jeff had given me. There's no no one to see, you could just kill her. This place may be shit, but its better than nothing. The lady behind the desk looked at me not even the slightest bit aware of what rest in my pocket. It will be easy, I just have to slit her throat, no one will hear, no one will know. A strange feeling of adrenalin flowed through my body, I wanted to hurt her. To kill her and watch as she took her last breath. I took an innocent step closer to her so that only the waist high counter separated us. I reached into my pocket and gripped the knife's hilt.

*don't feel like finishing this chapter so... It'll be up by sometime I guess x_x vote, comment and follow me if your awesome*