During 2 weeks of hospitalization, Hyun Bin's mother openly forbade Gong Yoo and Ye Jin to come to visit. Even his own das was not allowed to enter the treatment room several times because Hyun Bin's mother didn't want her son to be disturbed.

The atmosphere in their house was no less tense because the adults were busy guessing what scenarios would cause their children to fight each other so badly. That's why Ye Jin prefered to spend time in her own room rather than with her step cousin to avoid inquiring questions.

The situation at school was also not any better. As if he hadn't spend time in the police detention room long enough, Gong Yoo oppa was suspended from school for a month.

Ye Jin became the main topic of gossip at her school because she was 'fought over by two guys from the boys' school'. Only Hyun Sook sympathized and tried not to judge her.

The girl even took time to visit Hyun Bin and check on his condition at the hospital. From her, Ye Jin got clearer details about Hyun Bin's medical condition plus his mother's plan to put his child in an alcohol addiction rehabilitation center after Hyun Bin was discharged from the hospital.

"He asked about you, with great difficulty of course because of the bandage that wrapped his face," said Hyun Sook that afternoon.

Ye Jin looked at her friend's face doubtfully, "Really?" she asked slowly.

"Haisshh, that guy still had time to worry about your health even with such a severe condition" Hyun Sook complained.

"Looks like he's worried that your cousin, who beat him yesterday, will hurt you too for meeting him." Hyun Sook theorized.

"Of course Gong Yoo oppa won't hurt me," Ye Jin replied.

"Yeah I told him that you look fine. Just a lot gloomier than usual, right?" Hyun Sook added.

"He didn't need to know that...!"  Ye Jin protested quietly.

"He left a message, don't worry too much about him, he will see you again as soon as possible."  Hyun Sook shook her head, "that guy really has a death wish."

Ye Jin frowned, feeling skeptical that she would be able to see Hyun Bin again in the near future.

Hyun Sook watched Ye Jin critically, "Hyun Bin also ask me to remind you to eat regularly. Honestly I agree with him, you look paler and thinner every day."

Ye Jin just smiled weakly, how could she chew food when Hyun Bin there had to eat through a tube just because he was desperate to meet her at school? Sometimes Ye Jin wanted to be angry to Gong Yoo oppa, but she understood, everything Gong Yoo did was an attempt to protect Ye Jin from getting hurt any further.

Haisshhh since when did her life got so complicated?? Ye Jin's head felt even more dizzy thinking about the complicated situation in front of her.

***

Stress made Ye Jin look even more fragile, Gong Yoo looked at his cousin from his bedroom window. The girl entered through the gate of their house, hugging books with her thin arms.

Ye Jin had always had too much empathy. As a result, she often burdened herself with worrying about the fate of other people or living beings.