I hope you're always healthy.

HB"

Ye Jin folded the letter that was placed on the lunchbox containing the Seolleontang.

Her first instinct was to throw the lunchbox in the trash, but the seductive smell of the soup made her think twice before doing so.

It had been days since she had lost her appetite, the smell of the soup stirred up her malnourished body, convincing Ye Jin to eat the soup mouthful after mouthful until there was nothing left.

“Ye Jin finished her soup,” Hyun Sook reported proudly.

Hyun Bin who sat next to her on the bus on their way home from school nodded approvingly.

He hoped that by receiving the soup from him, Ye Jin's feelings for him would begin to soften.

"Did you know that Ye Jin's bag zipper has broken for a long time but she hasn't replace it yet because she really liked the style of the bag?"  The next morning Hyun Sook gave him another idea.

That day Hyun Bin waited for Ye Jin to arrive at her school from a distance, in order to see and remember the shape of the bag she was wearing.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw Ye Jin walking slowly from the bus stop towards the school gate.

This was Hyun Bin's first time seeing Ye Jin since the incident at Gong Yoo's house. She was still as beautiful as he remembered, though she looked thinner and paler.

Hyun Bin tried to get as close as he could, being careful so Ye Jin wouldn't notice his presence.

Luckily, the girl seemed too busy with her own thoughts, walking down the street from the bus stop to the school gate so that Hyun Bin could see the shape of her beloved school bag quite well.

After the girl's back disappeared behind the school gates, Hyun Bin rushed to the shopping center on bus.  It doesn't matter if he has to skip school for the umpteenth time.

It took quite a while until Hyun Bin finally found the exact same bag as Ye Jin's. Unfortunately, the price of the bag was quite expensive. His small saving was not enough to buy the bag.

Since he can't wait to get money from his monthly allowance from his mom, Hyun Bin rushes to his father's office looking for a way out.

After begging, his father finally allowed Hyun Bin to work part time on one of his projects.

Five hours of work for two days was more than enough to buy Ye Jin's new bag. Hyun Bin insists on starting that very day, regardless of his father's nagging because he skipped school that day.

The next day after school Hyun Bin went straight to work. His job is to transport sand and bricks from the truck with a cart. He worked with such enthusiasm, thinking about Ye Jin's smile when she got the new bag.

Hyun Sook accepted Hyun Bin's bag for Ye Jin worriedly. He winced several times in pain complaining about his aching muscles.

"Dear Ye Jin

I really can't fix things as easily as replacing your broken bag with a new one.