Chapter Thirty Six

Third person pov

Lucas and Athanasia were sitting across each other while Athanasia was reading a thick book about the instructions on how to control a individual's magic better.

" So how am I progressing , Lucas ? "

Athanasia asked as she closed the book and stared at Lucas while waiting for his response

" Well it's going good in my opinion "

Lucas replied

" What do you mean by that ? "

Athanasia asked

" Well I can tell you are working hard "

Lucas replied as he plopped down on the sofa

' anyways , I think I should tell her about her father's health and Athanese's condition since I guess Athanese would not tell her about it anytime soon '

Lucas thought as he sighed tiredly

" I realized something when I was trying to heal your dad "

Lucas said as he looked towards Athanasia who curiously stared back

" Your dad didn't use a single type of magic , what I mean to say is he has used different types of Black magic on himself.

Seeing as how many spells were tangled together , I guess he used one to kill his emotions and another to erase his memory .
With Black magic the higher the power , the higher the risk . Most people only use one spell because of that reason.

I think he used it to forget someone and judging by your expression , I think you have someone in mind as well  "

Lucas said as he carefully studied Athanasia's expression

' it's mom '

Athanasia thought a she frowned

' I already knew daddy truly loved mom because all the dreams I had of mom were from Daddy's memories .

I always thought it was the human side of daddy that people rarely get to see but to think he was suffering so much that wanted to erase his memories and kill his emotions '

Athanasia thought as tears started fall down from her eyes

" H-hey , why are you crying ? "

Lucas asked

' mom was also crying in my dreams , it must be because she also knew about daddy's suffering '

Athanasia thought as she rubbed her eyes

" I told you , your dad isn't going to die this instant.  Don't cry ''

Lucas said as he tried to assure Athanasia

" What ? "

Athanasia asked confusedly

" Weren't you crying because you were worried he was going to die ? "

Lucas asked

" N-no , You said that as long as I am by his side he won't die "..

Athanasia replied

' Damn it . Athanese , you should have at least gave her some information it would have been easy for me to explain '

Lucas thought as he took a long breath and sighed tiredly

" What's with your expression ?! "

Athanasia said as she curiously eyed his expression

" Lucas ! Tell me about Daddy's condition !! Now "