chapter three

Third person pov

The lake accident has already happened and it's been some time since that day. Athanasia has snuggled her way inside Claude's frozen heart by acting all cutesy .

Today , Athanasia and Claude with a red haired knight named felix who was a few meters away were taking a rare stroll around the ruby palace. Athanasia was walking while holding Claude's hands.

Athanasia was walking around when a sudden fact hits her head

" Papa , papa ! "

She says while trying to get Claude's attention . Claude turned his head towards Athanasia who was jumping around like a bundle of joy she is. Claude mentally sighs as he asks

" What is it ? "

" Papa , papa ! Now that athy have noticed , athy has never been to the farthest wing . Let's go there , together "

She exclaims while she makes her way towards the farthest wing.

' I wonder why I never noticed about this '

Athanasia thought while trying to keep her cutesy act together.

When they were walking around the farthest wing the trio noticed how deserted and isolated this place is in comparison to other places of ruby palace

When they were nearing a park like area , the trio heard some voices coming from there. Felix and Claude were cautious in case something happens whereas Athanasia was shaking from fears of ghosts from the massacre.

When they got nearer to the voices they could see two childrens eating their bread peacefully . Athanasia's eyes first fell on Rose .

' wow ! She has just a beautiful red coloured hair just like felix and she is so pretty too '

Athanasia thinks when her thoughts get interrupted when her eyes landed on a rather small and petite boy who could be easily misunderstood as a girl due to his shoulder length hair and feminine face.

' wow , the girl with golden hair is so pretty and her eyes - WHAT ?? she has jeweled eyes ?? !! '

Athanasia exclaimed mentally as she carefully studied him who she thought was a she.

Claude narrowed his eyes as he tried to remember whether Anastacius had a child or he was Athanasia's twin.

The two duo didn't notice as they two were talking with each other in low voice while peacefully munching their breads.

The blonde with jeweled eyes was looking at the girl with a pair of sorrowful eyes that totally didn't fit his innocent face. They were talking silently until the blonde raised his voice a little bit but enough for the trio to listen in to their conversation.

" But if you stay here in my side , you won't be able to find the fame and luxury you deserve . Rose "

The blonde said in a serious voice unfitting that of a four year old.

" No , I don't want to leave your side !! "

Rose yelled while she looked at the blonde fiercely .

' what are they talking about ? '

The three peeking trio that consist of the Emperor , the princess and the royal knight thought.

" But ... Please Rose Robane , I request you to leave this unnamed prince side and leave so that you can serve a more better person than me. A person who deserves to be protected by you. So please leave me , a person who is destined to die sooner or later "

The blonde said while refusing to stray his eyes away from Rose.

' WHAT ?? SO THE RUMORS ABOUT A ANOTHER ROYAL WAS TRUE . THEN WHY WAS HE NOT MENTIONED IN THE STORY . wait a minute , she did say she would die sooner or later them does that means he dies before the story could truly start ?? Then that does explain why she is not mentioned in the story '

Athanasia thought while trying her best to keep her facial expressions she was making mentally to herself

Claude and Felix then remembered that Athanasia had a twin who was yet to be named.

' what did he meant by he would die soon '

Claude and Felix thought

" I- idiot , who cares if you are unnamed prince or not !! You are the first person to ever rely on me and the first person I could rely on without a second thought . I know you are always sick but as long as I am here I won't let any harm get to you !! Your the best person I will ever serve in my life ... * sniff * do you even know how I would feel * sniff * if I were to leave the side of my prince "

Rose yelled as she cried and tried her best to not to cry.

' Ahh this is too emotional .. I want to cry so bad. This feels like a live tv drama but it's real. '

Athanasia thought while fighting back her tears.

Claude and Felix listened to the conversation intently . Claude didn't know why but he felt interested in what that child has to offer

" Rose- * cough * * cough * "

The blonde coughed violently as he slightly trembled from the pain. Rose went near him and patted him gently.

' is he okay ? '

Both felix and Athanasia thought while claude kept on his usual emotionless facade while watching his sick son.

Suddenly , rose gently hit the back of the unnamed prince ." Idiot ! This is also one of my reason as to why I should stay by your side . You sickhead ! Listen your only four year old so act like one ! "

She said while pouting and glancing at him . They looked at each other for a few seconds and bursted out laughing

Athanasia mentally nodded her head and Felix too was mentally agreeing to his distant relative.

The peeking trio were watching the whole scene happen in amusement

" Hahahaha, I can't believe I saw the all mighty rose cry haha  "

The blonde told whille clutching his stomach and laughing

" Pfft - talks the idiot who was crying like a baby few seconds before . Hehehe "

Rose replied while she too was clutching her stomach and laughing.

" Oh it's already late , let's go inside rose "

He said while he held his small hands out for her to grab it.

' kyah !! This is cute '

Athanasia thought while trying her best not to squeal at this friendly loyalty

She respectfully grabs his hand and replies

" Of course , your highness "

They smile at each other and head inside.

' wow , everything I just watched feels like I watched a western history drama with asian influence '

Athanasia mentally exclaimed and hummed happily to find her twin . She glanced at Claude curiously with big eyes and she saw Claude sighing indifferently

" Papa ? She is my twin , isn't she ? "

Athanasia asked while trying to look clueless about the situation

" It's he , not a she . Princess "

Felix said while correcting Athanasia politely.

' EEHH ? '

Athanasia mentally yelled but on outside she tilted her not believing what he said

' what ... Oh wait a minute !! The girl whose name is Rose did say Prince . How can I miss such a detail ... Am I getting old ??! '

Athanasia thought as a imaginary lighting struck behind her.