chapter four

Miyano's pov

As I thought after our conversation , my sickness had gotten worse and more harder to endure. If I was not mentally old then I would have not even lasted this long.

Rose has never left my side , not even once after my condition got worse .She is really worried about my health but I don't want her to be worried . She is like a family , I once desired to have and a caring person I could die for.

As my health is getting worse as the day passes , we don't go to stroll as much as we did . I assume , I will die this week if I am lucky but if not I could die today. So , I want to say my goodbye to Rose .

I heard a click sound and looked towards the sound. My vision is a little blurry but by the outline of the figure , I think it's Rose . I gently smile at her figure and speak slowly to not tigger my cough

" Rose "

I said as gently as possible

" Yes ? "

She asked

" Let's go out for a stroll , shall we ? "

I asked and I kinda feel bad for not being able to live my life to the fullest with my bestest friend

" Yes , your highness "

She said while she smiled sadly. She gently took hold of my hand and we walked to our usual spot .After we reached the destined area , we sat down in a nearby bench.

" Rose , as you can see my time is ending "

I said while I heard Rose's sniffing and trying her best not to cry.

Athanasia pov

I tried my best to convince that cocky Claude to visit the farthest wing again to meet the prince but he always denies me. It's been a few days since I last saw him

Today , I finally convinced that dirt bag Claude to go to the farthest wing and meet the prince . Yes ! I am so excited. From what I saw last time , he seems very gentle and calm. I don't want him to die !!

I mentally clenched my hands and mentally cheered for my victory. When we reached the park area , the prince and Rose were coming towards the park slowly

The prince looks so pale and he is breathing heavily , his skin is flushed and anyone could easily tell he is super sick. I am sure if I manage to convince dad , he could get cured !! Yes !! Athy can do this !!

When they say down , the prince spoke first

" Rose , as you can see my time is ending "

He said rather calmly .

Wait!!! What !!! AM I LATE !!

I thought while a imaginary lighting struck behind me

Third person pov

Felix's eyes widened at the word that just escaped the young prince's mouth. The trio watched as Rose was crying but trying to not make sound

" Please * sniff * don't say that you will die "

Rose said while she kneeled down and held the prince hands. In response the prince displayed yet another gentle smile that hid his pain

" I am sure if we inform his majesty , he will surely find a cure for you . Your highness "

Rose said while she was now crying her heart out. Athanasia mentally nodded her head and Felix too agreed that Claude will surely help his sick son. Whereas Claude was looking at the scene intently as it entirely depends on him whether he would cure the prince or not

" Hehe , that's foolish of you to think like that . Dear rose "

The prince said while he gently held rose's hand.

" His majesty has more important matters to attend "

The prince said whereas Rose felt more tears leave her eyes. Athanasia didn't want him to die . Athanasia didn't know why but she couldn't grasp how the young prince is attending to this situation so maturely but she didn't know he was mentally adult like her. But , despite being wise every human being fears death even her. The prince however doesn't fear death as he has already fulfilled his wish which was to make a friend.

Felix gently shook his head in disagreement as he believed that there is no important matter than the sick prince. Claude narrowed his eyes at the recently said sentence

Suddenly the prince felt a stinging sensation on his throat. He could taste iron on the tip of his mouth but he tried his best to smile as long as he can

The prince could no longer hold his cough as he started to tremble from the pain and coughed violently. He covered his mouth while coughing as he didn't want rose to get sick.

He felt a sticky feeling in his hands and he saw that he coughed out blood and his nose was bleeding too. Rose was horrified at the scene of her beloved friend dying .

Despite the intense pain , the prince never stopped smiling . He glanced at the blood in his hands and again smiles

" Oh my , it seems like my time is ending rather quickly "

He said in a calm voice . He knew how much pain he is causing for rose so he tried his best to smile . He did his best but he couldn't stop the tears pouring out of his eyes.

" I .... I am sorry , Rose "

He said as he fell from the bench. Rose grabbed the prince before he could touch the ground. She brought his chest near to her ears in horror as she didn't want him to die.

She loved everything about the prince but she didn't like how he thought he always was the worst and he was the one doing the bad things. Rose was crying .

Athanasia ran , she ran towards the prince in horror as she didn't want her unknown twin to die. Felix also ran after her. Claude too was shocked but he covered it with his usual facade and walked calmly towards the scene.

Rose was alerted when she felt someone getting near to her , she was about to attack but when she saw the princess who was living lavishly in the care of the Emperor and the maids . Rose couldn't help but feel angry . Rose hated how everyone treated her prince despite being a royalty. Even Athanasia who was the prince twin was getting treated more better than her. Why were they treating him bad just because he was second born ? Rose was angry but she was more worried for her prince.

She held the small prince near as she didn't want them to harm her. She was crying silently when they arrived. Felix bent down and he tried to feel the prince's heartbeat but his hand was slapped by the young knight as she was currently emotionally devastated.

Rose looked at the trio in horror as she was thinking about the worst condition that could happen.