23

CHAPTER 23

WARNING! DEPRESSION TRIGGER!

Y/n is in the hospital right now with Yuji and Utahime are in emergency rooms for their surgery. Though she's quietly sitting in the waiting area, her heart is like a beating drum that any moment will burst out of her chest.

Clasping her hands against her lips, she closed her eyes and whispered her pleas, "Please be safe."

Her close eyes open when a feminine voice pulled her from her prayer, "Hi, I am Nitta Akari. I am the chief inspector of Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department and I would like to convey my condolences to you, Miss L/n Y/n."

Her face held concern and pity to the e/c eyed woman who's sitting on one of the benches in waiting area as she extended her hand to shake hers.

But she didn't take her hand, instead she stood up and look at her straight in the eye, Nitta was first confused from Y/n's behavior until a loud slap sound echoed through the hall. That made everyone in the waiting area look at her.

The blonde woman couldn't stand the force from her slap that her head surely turns from the impact, it made her stumble on her feet and drop on her rear. Sitting on the floor, she held her bruise cheek and look up meeting the h/c haired woman's eyes.

"They are not dead." She whispered menacingly as she clenches her fists in an attempt to suppress herself from sucker punching the woman on the floor. "What a shame of inspector you are to have such misleading information." She growled.

Nitta couldn't stand without wobbling, she can feel the room spinning around, "She really knows how to slap..." She said to herself, still holding the cheek.

"My sincerest apologies to you, I didn't mean to offend you." She apologizes with a 90-degree bow. "This woman is scary..." She bit her lip.

Y/n didn't respond, she just sat back on the chair and asked her, "What do you want, chief inspector?"

"I'm here to ask some questions with regards to what happened." Nitta responded.

"That's fine." Y/n coldly replied, she doesn't want to talk to anyone right now, but what's in her mind is that if she entertains her questions now, she wouldn't have to deal with her later, so she agrees.

Nitta sits across her, and now she finally noticed the quivering hands of Y/n and her blood-stained attire. "Well then, I'll start..."

They were in the middle of discussion when a doctor approaches their way. The doctor removes their facemask revealing the same doctor she met before.

"Dr. Ieri..." Y/n mumbled as she stood up and walks to her not minding about the blonde inspector who just followed closely behind her, "how are they?"

"Good news, they're not in danger anymore." Ieri smiled at her.

Y/n sighed in relief, "I'm glad, thank you so much Dr. Ieri..." she thanked her.

"Don't be," Ieri turns serious as she looks behind the woman, "due to trauma Yuji will be having a hard time to wake up and Utahime will surely take a time to heal her wounds." She said.

"What do you mean?" Y/n asked confuse.

Ieri motioned them to seat first while Akari took it as a hint to get away from them.

On the waiting area, Y/n and Ieri are seating facing each other.

"Listen Y/n, they will live, I can assure you." Ieri hold her shaky hands, "but it will take a fortune for their expenses."

Y/n's eyes widen, she hasn't heard the exact amount yet she can feel that will it will drain the hell out of her. "H-How much would it cost?" She asked.

"From the surgery it will take 50 million yen for both of them, but since they will stay here for months that amount will increase." Ieri said truthfully.

Y/n hang her head low thinking how would she be able to pay for expenses if she doesn't have a decent job.

"But that's not the worst part." Shoko bit her lower lip, she doesn't want to disclose this information to Y/n while she's in this state, it will surely put pressure on her.

The h/c haired woman slowly lifted her head which reveal her exhausted face. "What is it?"

The doctor felt something that tugs her heart the moment she saw her tired face. "T-The hospital will stop the machine that helps them alive if you won't give a down payment." She gritted her teeth and turns her head so she will not see what face Y/n is making.

"Don't worry about it." Y/n replied, she forced herself to smile to her despite the searing pain inside her chest, "I'll pay, so please..."

Ieri hugs her so tight but Y/n remained stagnant with a lifeless smile, she knew that Y/n will not be able to pay it since she knew her background. She was told that she needs to shatter her hope even if she'll have to lie but, the truth itself is enough to break her soul.

"Y/n listen, there's still a chance for you to pay." She pulled away from her and caresses her cheek, "the Fushiguro, they will surely help you, Endeavor said to have a heart for this. If you want to-..."

"It's all good. You don't have to worry about me, Dr. Ieri." Y/n smiled, "I can handle this."

Y/n wanted to shed tears yet she's too exhausted to do so. And the fact that someone told her to get help from someone that she despises makes it worst.

After the talk Y/n is walking aimlessly across the street, her clothes are dirty and she has the smell of blood on her. Her head is low and as her spirit and strength.

Minutes of walking she finally arrives at park, she seats near the water feature to at least help her relax.

"What should I do?" She asked herself as the numbness of her body is barefaced on the tone of her voice. Her friends are in hospital with no consciousness of what's going on. She doesn't know how would she be able to pay the hospital bill for the two of them. She doesn't have a job.

She doesn't know where to go from this point.

"Should I leave them?" Y/n asked out loud with her lightless orbs stares at the stagnant water of the pond in front of her. "That's right, they'll be better off without me. This is all my fault in the first place."

Her eyes widen from her own words, slapping both of her cheeks and yelled, "Don't you dare think about like that!"

"They didn't leave you when you need them! So, don't you dare leave them when they need you!" She yelled to herself slapping her cheeks for her each word.

"It's settled then..." She said as she stood up from seat and look up to the moon that shines above the dark inky canopy called sky, "if I start to walk now, I'll be able to reach there before the sun rises."