46

"Iori..." Yuji growled as glared daggers to the said woman, there was no hint of respect for her. "Y/n trusted you, but why did you do this? You were with Gojo, did you know that he attempted to kill her?!" he shouted on her face.

"Yuji–"

"Remember this when I tell you, Utahime Iori, I will use your words against you, whatever you say I will use it against you."

Iori, in her head, she has nothing to worry about. Because in the first place, she meant no harm for anyone, "Yes, I was with Gojo. I am his ex-fiance. But I will never be someone who will get along with someone like him."

"So, you're angry with him."

"I loathed him from that moment on."

"You loathed him. Loathed him, then if you loathed him that much then you wanted to destroy him, maybe not him but a part of him."

"You can say that."

"Gojo wanted to kill Y/n but he took interest in Y/n, and by that moment, she was already a part of him! A part of him you wanted to destroy."

"No, I didn't want to hurt her!"

"But you said you wanted to destroy a part of him. Iori I told you I will use whatever you say against you." He snapped at her. Words were everything to Yuji, because as someone who was studying law, words can be either a lethal weapon or impenetrable defense.

Iori shuddered at the sight of Yuji's furious eyes, she never thought that a boy who always smiles will be this dangerous.

"I did not want to hurt, Y/n." Iori muttered, her hands were turning into a tight fist that clenched the linen of her skirt, her voice might tremble but her resolve didn't waver. "Whatever happened to her, to you... I have nothing to do with it."

"But that doesn't deny the fact that you might be with Gojo as he planned those things." He was merciless to her. His anger bottled up inside him, from the moment he saw what happened to his friend. He was so frustrated that he wanted them all jailed up, yet who was he to do that. He had nothing, as of now, he's still nothing.

"I have no evidence to prove you my innocence," Iori muttered. "The truth in my heart is all I've got."

"Do you know how many truths were twisted because of lack of evidence?" Yuji slumped down on the couch across from her. He has his head on the backrest, tilted upward.

There was an abundance of silence in the room, until Megumi decided to break it. "Go to the next room, everything's already prepared. If you need something just call the receptionist, if there's something important call me."

Todo, Noritoshi, and Ijichi all stood up along with Iori and went to the other room as Megumi directed them. Iori left with a heavy heart. Yuji remained in the same position but this time he had his eyes closed and took deep breaths.

"You..." Megumi awkwardly trailed. "You got it in you."

"I got what?"

"Were you some lawyer or something?"

"Lawyer, no. Studying law, yes."

"So, you haven't finished yet."

"Not yet, I stopped." His replies were short but this conversation really helped him a lot controlling his swirling rage.

"Why?"

"Because I am poor." He stated as a matter of fact. "I am working my ass off to save money so I can feed myself and go back to school again."