Chapter 20

"It's almost 80 degrees, why the hell are you in a hoodie?" Bucky asks when I walk into the screening room for movie night.

I scan the room full of my friends and nervously lift the collar. "Cold blood."

I lock eyes with Wanda and she lifts an eyebrow at me. I accidentally let my lips form a small smirk, probably giving away what I was doing just before this. I find an open seat next to Sam and take it. Right before Tony starts the movie, the only person who wasn't here walks in.

"Nat! Glad you could join us," Tony sings.

She just briefly smiles at him and takes the last open seat. Next to me. Tony starts the movie. Throughout the movie, I grow more and more tired. I cross my arms, sink into my seat, and try to stay awake. I don't last long. Barely an hour into the movie, I pass out.

-

I gradually open my eyes to an empty screening room. I'm oddly comfortable. I scan my surroundings with my eyes and notice a pair of legs that aren't mine. My heart jumps out of my chest. I lift myself from leaning to the side and my situation hits me.

"Oh, man. I'm so sorry," I apologize to Natasha whose shoulder my head was just on.

"It's okay."

"You stayed?"

"I didn't want to wake you."

"How long was I out?"

"I don't think you want to know."

"Oh jeez. What time is it?"

"Close to two."

"You should've left! I'm so sorry."

"It's really okay," she smiles.

"Well, your shoulder is really comfy," I lightly chuckle.

"Thank you. It's yours if you ever want to use it again."

"I might just take you up on that."

We linger for a moment, just staring at each other. Something about her is comforting and it isn't just her shoulder that I was sleeping on.

"Well, I'll let you go to bed. I'm still really sorry for keeping you here. Goodnight, Nat," I smile.

"Goodnight."

Once again, I find myself getting lost in her green eyes. I gaze at her for another minute until I realize I'm staring and abruptly get up. As I'm walking out of the screening room, I release a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

-

In my room, Wanda and I hang out and talk. Out of everyone, Wanda and I seem to be getting along the best. It's nice to feel like I'm making real friends. Wanda and I are sitting on my bed, crossed-legged and facing each other.

"You're so bad at hiding things," she lightly laughs.

"What're you talking about?"

"At movie night?"

"Oh," I snort. "Wait, which part?" I immediately ask.

"Your lie about being cold-blooded," she clarifies.

"Ah. Yes," I laugh.

"Woah hold on."

"What?"

"'Which part'? There's more than one part now?"

"Uh, no," I lie.

"Uh-huh. So who?"

"Remember June...?"