17

"Please stop!" Dabin unknowingly grabbed her father's arm, stopping him from whatever he was doing.

The man swung his arm, roughly brushing her hand off, causing the glass piece to slightly cut the girl's cheek.

He was outraged. His breath was unstable due to his extreme anger. He let the glass piece fall down the floor, making his way back to the girl.

"You're really asking for it, huh?" He grabbed a handful of the girl's hair and pushed her until she fell right in front of Younghoon.

He was about to kick her on her stomach, but Younghoon quickly pulled her closer to himself.

Dabin was sobbing hardly in the boy's embrace, causing the middle-aged man to scoff. "Tsk, unbelievable."

"Please stay still or any further action will be taken!"

He turned around and frowned his eyebrows. Two security guards and another two persons he was unfamiliar with were standing at the entrance, glaring at him.

They entered the house and grabbed both of his arms, dragging him out of the house. "Who the hell are you guys?! She's my daughter! Stop messing with our family matter!"

He tried to break free from their grip, but to no avail, he failed.

Jeyou rushed towards the two worn out figures, followed by a middle-aged woman behind him.

"Kids, I need to settle this issue downstairs for a while. The police is coming. I'll come back later, okay?"

Younghoon nodded, slightly smiling. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Seo."

With that, the elder left the house, leaving the three siblings alone.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Dabin repeatedly apologize at the two, keeping her head low. She was still sobbing that she couldn't even talk properly at that moment.

"Don't be. It's not your fault." Younghoon held the girl into his embrace and later Jeyou joined the hug.

"I failed to protect both of you." Younghoon spoke.

"No. We're supposed to protect each other. It's no one fault." Jeyou reassured his brother. His hand gently patted the older girl's back, trying to soothe her.

Mrs. Seo came back after few minutes. "I've informed your parents. They'll pay a visit as soon as possible."

She brought along a thick plastic bags with her. "Let's clean this mess, shall we?" She slightly smiled at the three siblings.

"No, it's fine Mrs. Seo. You've helped enough. Let us take care of this." Younghoon politely spoke, earning nods from Dabin and Jeyou.

"I feel guilty leaving you guys alone in this kind of state. I'll stay until dinner, alright? No objection."

With that, she continued cleaning up the messy house along with the siblings.

********************

That night, right after Mrs. Seo left the house, the three of them just stayed at the kitchen table, blankly stared into space.

"Who is she by the way?" Dabin asked, unable to contain her curiousity.

"Mrs. Seo? Ah, she lives here." Younghoon replied to the younger's question.

"She lives with her husband. They have no child. They treat all the kids here like their children." He added.

"That's really nice of them." Dabin softly spoke.

"Right." Jeyou replied before observing the girl's face.