10

"Let's just go back."

Sunwoo and Dabin were currently in front of the girl's house. They took the earliest train from Seoul that morning. Dabin knew that her father would be at home only from midnight until early afternoon. Back then, she also had no idea where he went right after that. Probably having fun at the club? Nobody knew.

"We didn't come all the way from Seoul just to go back, Sunwoo." She tried to twist the door knob, ignoring the blabbering boy at the back.

Oh, it isn't locked?

"Let's get in." Dabin pulled the boy's wrist despite having to listen to his nagging. He heaved a huge sighs, knowing that he had no other choice.

"He's not here, let's just—"

"You finally found your way home, huh?" Sunwoo and Dabin both were startled by the voice, making them jolted from their place.

"And now you've got a gut to bring a guy here?" The middle-aged men were getting down the stairs while furiously looking at the two. Dabin's head remained low, knowing what was coming after her. Meanwhile Sunwoo who had no idea about the situation, furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the stiffed girl in front of him.

"You useless bastard!" Suddenly, the girl felt a hand landed on her cheek, causing her to flinch. Sunwoo eyes got widened, witnessing the whole situation.

"When you left, I had to buy food by myself!" She then got pushed by her shoulder, causing her to stumble backwards.

"You know that it's your work, right?!" She received another slap, her tears began to roll down her cheek.

Being aware of the situation, Sunwoo stepped in front of the girl, removing the elder's hand from touching her. "Mr. Jung, please calm down!"

"Who are you to butt in other people's business!" A hard punch landed on the boy's face, causing him to fell down the floor, wincing in pain.

"Sunwoo!" Dabin tried to help him but she got pulled by the infuriated man. She struggled to break free from his grip but to no avail, he was way too strong. She was forcefully dragged upstairs. She felt hopeless, knowing the elder's intention to lock her up in her room.

In a split second, the grip on her hand began to loose. Her mad father she saw just now had passed out on the floor. She looked up and saw Sunwoo holding a wooden stick, catching his breath.

He put the stick down the floor and grabbed the girl's wrist. "Let's go."

********************

No word seemed to come out from the girl's mouth except for her never ending "sorry".

"I'm really sor—"

"Dabin, it's okay." From the moment they stepped out of the house, she weren't able to make any eye contact with the boy. She was ashamed, guilty and needless to say, regretful.

At that moment, her phone began to ring.

Incoming Call... [Hyunjae]

"Why aren't you home?"
"Huh? You're at my apartment?"
"Yeah. Where are you?"
"I'm on my way home, just stay there."
"Oh, you're on a subway? Shall I pick you up at the subway station then?"

Hyunjae asked as soon as he heard the train announcement through their phone call.

Dabin slightly raised her head up, glancing at Sunwoo who was sitting beside her. What would Hyunjae say if he found out that she was with Sunwoo? She might as well get teased by him and she obviously didn't want that to happen.

"No, no! I've already booked a driver. Just stay there!"
"You should've tell me tho. I can pick you up."
"Well, sorry, bye!"

She ended the call, letting out a heavy sighs.

"Was that the hundredth lie you'd ever said to him?"Dabin frowned, glaring at the boy.

"Can you perhaps, give your mouth a rest?" He just chuckled, amused by the girl's sudden change of attitude.

********************

Sunwoo was currently hanging out with his girlfriend since they had agreed to meet up last week, but they both didn't talk much, like they always do.

"Yesterday, I sent-off my sister at the subway station, and I saw you with Dabin." Sunwoo stopped playing his video game upon hearing the words said by the latter.

"What's with you and her? She seems closer with you compared to Hyunjae." Sunwoo just remained silent, not wanting to create any argument.

"You like her, don't you? I'm not mad, just asking."

"Stop the nonsense Yuna, you know I have yo—" Sunwoo spoke but didn't bother to raise his head up, showing no interest in the topic.

"No, you don't even love me to begin with. I'm aware, I'm not that dense." The boy put his phone aside, sighing at his girlfriend factual statements.

"You accepted me just because your friends asked you to, right? Because they told you that I'm a nice person, I knew it all, Sunwoo." The girl scoffed, her tear began to form, but she shrugged it off.

"You don't know how glad I am that I have met you. I hope you know that, even if you don't feel the same." Sunwoo closed his eyes, letting out a heavy sighs, knowing what was coming.

"Let's end this, Sunwoo."

********************

"Yuna and I broke up yesterday." Except for Dabin, everyone seemed to have predicted that to happen.

Eric scoffed. "Tsk, you guys lasted longer than I thought." Dabin was completely clueless. She didn't know the reason why the news didn't affect them at all. Yuna seemed to be a really nice person to her.

Throughout their way back home, she couldn't stop thinking about things that Sunwoo had said earlier.

Was it because of me? They didn't get to spend much time together because he had to deal with my foolish problem, right?

Without being noticed, the boy stealthily stared at the quiet girl, admiring her side-view.

Hyunjae looked at the guy beside him, then at the girl, and back to the guy. He then cleared his throat, placing his arm around the younger's shoulders. "Don't stare, she might take the hint."

"What nonsense are you talking about?" Sunwoo rolled his eyes, pushing the elder's arm away from him.

The elder snickered. "She may be gullible, but not us. We noticed it all." Sunwoo frowned, looking back at his friends only to see them playfully smirked at him, leaving the confused Juyeon alone.

I'm doomed.

--------------------------------------------------

Kindly vote please!

Love, Nia♡